Alessandro MS-2 v DT440: Quest for a headphone amp increased our headphone inventory!
Jul 24, 2004 at 1:18 AM Post #16 of 24
Good review. I just wish you guys would put in some pics. There's nothing like eye candy, after all. When I go to anandtech.com and read a mobo review I look closely at the pics, first.

Here's the Talisman T-3H:
T-3H_b.jpg

Here's the DT440:
DT440_b.jpg

Snufkin,

When are you going to try the DT440 with the DT831 headband?
biggrin.gif
(Or the DT880 with the DT831 headband?)
biggrin.gif
That should take care of any comfort AND weight issues.
very_evil_smiley.gif

For that matter, does the DT250 headband fit the Grados?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 24, 2004 at 1:35 AM Post #17 of 24
hey, stop leeching bandwidth from my site
tongue.gif

It took me minutes of effort to make those pics!

The DT440 cable is single sided while the DT831 is double, I'd have to get tricky with some soldering and rewiring, which I'm not in a real hurry to do.

Jul 24, 2004 at 2:05 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snufkin
The DT440 (and DT880) cable is single sided while the DT831 is double...

I keep fogetting about little things like that.
biggrin.gif
Sorry. You can do a temp test on the DT880, though, as the overhead crossover wire separates from the headband easily enough.

I figured that everyone would just right click the images and then see that it is connected to your site. So figure that in 30 days or so you just rename yor pics at your end and the links will automatically be broken.

Jul 24, 2004 at 4:16 AM Post #19 of 24
nice to see we have a few options here down under.
The Talisman T-3H definitely looks good inside, don't know about the strange front panel design though..

snufkin, nice redo of your site.

Jul 24, 2004 at 7:16 AM Post #20 of 24
What's strange about the front panel design?
confused.gif

You've got the LED/model number on the left, volume control in the middle and headphone jack on the right. Makes sense to me!

Site redo was much needed, it's actually about 8 months late too.

Jul 24, 2004 at 8:00 AM Post #21 of 24
Nothing weird about the Talisman front panel I can see EXCEPT its volume knob has no reference line/point/mark on it. A texta fixed that... and best of all I put it where I wanted it with perfect volume at 12 o'clock position.

TonyAAA

Jul 24, 2004 at 9:30 AM Post #23 of 24
haha just as well how you think the amps look has no effect on how they sound then isn't it?

They just look plain to me, I've seen far worse
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 24, 2004 at 4:41 PM Post #24 of 24
I will say this though that the amp is solidy made.
You could probably stand on it and nothing would happen.
Very nicely put together.

BTW the front face blends rather well with classy equipment discreet but definitely attracts attention.
In about a week's time, it will be fed with an even better source, The Benchmark DAC1. HeHe.
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back