Alessandro ms-1 shipped to the uk?
Jan 3, 2006 at 4:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

sinetwo

Head-Fier
Has anyone ordered alessandro ms-1 to the uk?

I mean, they don't reply to e-mails, and the site looks dodgy, also, what payment do they accept?

I know they're to be trusted, but if i lose my cans in transit, i really does look like they're not even going to reply to emails/calls or whatever.

Basically, how long does it take to ship to the UK, and is there a parcel tracking number that goes with it, and insurance etc? And is that included in the $99?

Cheerios!

Jan 3, 2006 at 6:29 PM Post #2 of 17
Shipping is free worldwide from the Alessandro site.
I ordered a pair of MS2s from the website by credit card on a Saturday, the card was charged on the Tuesday and the phones arrived at my house in the UK on the Friday - 6 days.
A perfect transaction.
They might be busier with the MS1s and YMMV of course.
Edit: they used USPS and were valued at $50 for customs purposes
wink.gif

Jan 3, 2006 at 6:46 PM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by sinetwo
Has anyone ordered alessandro ms-1 to the uk?

I mean, they don't reply to e-mails, and the site looks dodgy, also, what payment do they accept?

I know they're to be trusted, but if i lose my cans in transit, i really does look like they're not even going to reply to emails/calls or whatever.

Basically, how long does it take to ship to the UK, and is there a parcel tracking number that goes with it, and insurance etc? And is that included in the $99?

Cheerios!

I have the same problem as well. I also live in the UK for parts of the year. They never seem to reply to emails: full inbox. I don't have a credit card... Will bank transfer suffice?

Jan 3, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by sinetwo
I'll give them a call tomorrow and order them after i've spoken to them
smily_headphones1.gif

Phone is the way to go for contact with them - My MS1's took about 3 weeks, YMMV
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2006 at 8:21 AM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxlMusikfreak
I had to wait 2 1/2 months for mine to arrive....patience
wink.gif

Did you get a confirmation from them telling you they're coming?! I think I'll just buy them from retail shops in HK... The RS-1/MS-Pro cost about USD$680 and the MS-2i USD$300 here in Hong Kong.

Jan 4, 2006 at 3:11 PM Post #11 of 17
I just got mine in the UK. Turns out my pair were waiting for me down at the postal depot. It appears to be a standard USPS parcel ($11 postage) so I don't know about insurance. No tracking number. I also got whacked for £14.10 customs fees as they were marked at full value ($99) on the label.

I ordered on 14/12 and they arrived on 29/12. Which is pretty good. I emailed a question at one point and did receive a (very short) answer within a day so they definitely do not ignore all emails.

Hope that helps!

Oct 5, 2009 at 12:37 PM Post #14 of 17
You guys seem to forget that Alessandro is made by Grado to their specifications. It means they may of may not have sufficient stock of a given model at a given time. .........hence one persson got his within a week......and another got his in three weeks - both reasonable times. Plus, you don't know how long your package may have stalled in a customs/duty facility. Eg. I recently sent two boxes (each cpmtaining a headphone) to Headphile via USPS within the USA. I took both boxes to the Post Office at the same time. One box was delivered............then four days later they finally delivered the second box - with no international transit involved at all.

Oct 5, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #15 of 17
I ordered my MS-1 a few months back, rang them before hand to check if they had stock, and they said my order would be dispatched the same week. I recieved them after 2 weeks, so no problems. their site isn't the most advanced, but they can be trusted 100%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back