Alessandro MS-1 ($99) or Grado SR60 ($55)
May 28, 2005 at 10:20 AM Post #16 of 23
Alessandro MS-1 ($99) or Grado SR60 ($55)

buy grado sr60 1st , you save $44 then put the $44 aside and keep saving.

then if you realli love sr60 sound , sell the grado+ the $44 + savings to get sr325i or ms2 or rs-1
very_evil_smiley.gif

or just get 2nd hand sr60, don't lose the opportunity cost for really high end phones on differences you can't realli hear or quite insignificant

May 28, 2005 at 4:39 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moody
I
The SR60 pads are more comfy than the ones on the MS-1?

They both come with the same comfy pads ("comfy" = the name of the pad IIRC), no difference I think. I just prefer the HD414 pads (as well as many others), but since they're so cheap, if you don't like em you're not really out that much cash.

May 28, 2005 at 4:58 PM Post #18 of 23
It depends on how tight our budget is and more importantly how critically you listen to your cans.

If you find yourself really picking apart your music recordings and disecting sounds note for note in your head go for the MS1. If youre just grooving to the melody or headbanging to the rhythm of the tunes either will suffice.

One thing to note... Ive seen used SR60s sell for $60 on ebay. So you could always sell it and be out just a few bucks and upgrade if youre not happy.

Not sure how well the MS1 holds its re-sale value, probably very well...

You might also want to consider a K240s-55, if you dont mind a slightly bass heavy presentation. Priced in between the 60 and MS1 and to my ears are just a tad more refined/tight sounding than the 60.

Garrett

May 28, 2005 at 6:18 PM Post #19 of 23
I've owned both the SR60's and MS1's. I definetly think the MS1's are a better phone. Wether it's worth the extra $44, is probably questionable, then again you do have to pay shipping for the SR60's.

May 29, 2005 at 8:10 PM Post #20 of 23
Ok...

I don't think I'll like open cans. I'm now looking for portable closed ones.
I've read lots of opinions and reviews and I want to choose between these headphones now: (max. budget is $100)

- Sennheiser MD25sp
- Sennheiser PX200
- Sennheiser HD212pro
- AKG K26P

I think the MD25sp sounds better and is better built and the PX200 is more portable and costs $50 less.

What do you guys think???

(maybe it's allowed to open a new topic with this question??)

May 29, 2005 at 8:36 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moody
Ok...

I don't think I'll like open cans. I'm now looking for portable closed ones.
I've read lots of opinions and reviews and I want to choose between these headphones now: (max. budget is $100)

- Sennheiser MD25sp
- Sennheiser PX200
- Sennheiser HD212pro
- AKG K26P

I think the MD25sp sounds better and is better built and the PX200 is more portable and costs $50 less.

What do you guys think???

(maybe it's allowed to open a new topic with this question??)

IMHO an SR60/80 MS1 stomp on any of those. I was walking around costco with my MS2 yesterday (yes I got some strange looks)... But the sound is so forward and projects so well that I didnt really have to turn them up that loud to still enjoy them. Their projection works well to shine through ambient noise.... within reason of course (thats my oppinion of course)

May 29, 2005 at 8:38 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils
eh, just get the ms-1. if you really want closed cans, then upgrade later
very_evil_smiley.gif

Haha with this attitude you can kiss good bye to any savings you have
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back