Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These are REALLY worth checking out ]
May 17, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #497 of 522
It’s going to be Alclair’s most expensive IEM. The price hasn’t been finalized.

No special electronics required. I’ve listened to it from my iPhone and it sounds big and detailed.

May 24, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #502 of 522
Andy, the one you heard was not the same as the finished version. :ksc75smile:
Hi Tyler,

Great to see you around. Has been awhile. :)

Cheers
Ben

Mar 5, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #507 of 522
The Electro does sound might impressive. I actually think I favored the REVX. However, and to bring this thread back to the beginning, due to its combination of price and SQ, I went with the RSM, and have not regretted it for a second.

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #508 of 522
The Electro does sound might impressive. I actually think I favored the REVX. However, and to bring this thread back to the beginning, due to its combination of price and SQ, I went with the RSM, and have not regretted it for a second.

I still love my RSM. I have them still and I also have the studio four. I highly recommend a Forza Cu cable for your RSM; it takes them about 90% of the way to the Studio 4.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #509 of 522
I still love my RSM. I have them still and I also have the studio four. I highly recommend a Forza Cu cable for you RSM; it takes them about 90% of the way to the Studio 4.

And wouldn't you know it, I use the Forza hybrid cable with my RSM. When comparing the two, I found the RSM to be a little smoother and more musical than the Studio4, while the 4 had the edge on clarity and detail.

Mar 6, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #510 of 522
And wouldn't you know it, I use the Forza hybrid cable with my RSM. When comparing the two, I found the RSM to be a little smoother and more musical than the Studio4, while the 4 had the edge on clarity and detail.

I'd completely agree with that assessment. The mids in the RSM are a bit more present and smooth.

My studio 4 pulls a bit more detail out of the mids and they feel a bit more 'recessed'. I think this gives me the illusion of a larger soundstage. The biggest difference between the two for me is soundstage. The studio 4 feels wider and taller. They are both so d@mn wonderful. I'm especially enjoying them with the new Dream Theater album.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back