Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These are REALLY worth checking out ]
Jun 27, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #166 of 522
X2, love my RSMs, use a Defender Case on my 6+' but use an aftermarket cable from Norne Audio, so I can't help you on the 1/8" plug.

Jun 27, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #167 of 522
I'm sure they'll be incredible compared to the portable gear I've had so far (RE-400 and Momentums). It will be interesting to hear a more detail oriented reference monitor, because most of my over ears have been warm/lush sounding (HD 650 & 598).

Jun 27, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #168 of 522
Hey folks, I have a question. I have around $250 to spare. Right now my rig is iPhone > Alclair Ref. Is it better to add a DAC/AMP combo (Schiit M/M or O2DAC) for desktop use or to upgrade to RSM? I can't demo the RSM. Thanks!

Jun 27, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #169 of 522
Hey folks, I have a question. I have around $250 to spare. Right now my rig is iPhone > Alclair Ref. Is it better to add a DAC/AMP combo (Schiit M/M or O2DAC) for desktop use or to upgrade to RSM? I can't demo the RSM. Thanks!

Me personally I would upgrade to the RSM! these are awesome to say the least.. I use my RSM with a FiiO X5 and they are an amazing combo. I try to keep my rigs light and or less.

Jun 27, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #170 of 522

Me personally I would upgrade to the RSM! these are awesome to say the least.. I use my RSM with a FiiO X5 and they are an amazing combo. I try to keep my rigs light and or less.

I'd love to, but I'm using streaming services so Fiio/iBasso DAPs aren't usable.

Jun 27, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #171 of 522

I also would upgrade to an RSM. I also stream a great deal, find my RSM sound great straight out of my iPhone and you can always pick up a great amp/SAC combo like one of the iFi Devices down the road.

I meet Lawrence, my Alclair Sales Rep, with the intention of just buying the Reference. Once I heard the RSM, there was no going back. It is a sublime CIEM!

Jun 27, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #173 of 522
I also would upgrade to an RSM. I also stream a great deal, find my RSM sound great straight out of my iPhone and you can always pick up a great amp/SAC combo like one of the iFi Devices down the road.

I meet Lawrence, my Alclair Sales Rep, with the intention of just buying the Reference. Once I heard the RSM, there was no going back. It is a sublime CIEM!

Ah okay, thanks! How did you get RSM demo unit?

I use Spotify premium all the time sounds great with iPhone/touch-> Oppo HA2->RSM.

So iPhone + RSM is better than iPhone + HA2 + Reference?

Jun 27, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #175 of 522
So iPhone + RSM is better than iPhone + HA2 + Reference?
I would try and get the RSM if I were you, you get better bang for the buck in headphones/IEMs then a different source.[/quote]

Alright, thanks man! 
beerchug.gif

Jun 27, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #176 of 522
^I set up a meeting with the Alclair Rep in Nashville and auditioned his universal units.

Edit: You should check out Alclairs site, not sure if they have a rep in the Bay Area.

Jun 27, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #177 of 522
^I set up a meeting with the Alclair Rep in Nashville and auditioned his universal units.

Edit: You should check out Alclairs site, not sure if they have a rep in the Bay Area.

Nope, unfortunately the closest rep is in Denver, CO. I hope they have more reps. I think they also need to work on marketing so more people own their products. 

Jun 29, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #178 of 522
Anyone heard both the RSM and the SM3 and could give their opinions between the two? From the reviews it seems like the two of them have quite opposite sound signatures. Currently running a reshelled SM3 with an X5 and pretty tempted by the RSM. Thanks!

Jun 29, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #179 of 522
Anyone heard both the RSM and the SM3 and could give their opinions between the two? From the reviews it seems like the two of them have quite opposite sound signatures. Currently running a reshelled SM3 with an X5 and pretty tempted by the RSM. Thanks!

Sorry, I haven't heard the SM3, but can tell you the RSM is the most neutral headphone own (PS1000/500e, HE560, Dunu Titan) and scales very well. I plugged it into my Taurus Mk. 2 and was floored by the sound. The soundstage is spectacular, far beyond anything I anticipated from an in ear.

Jun 29, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #180 of 522

I have the RSM with my X5 and they have excellent synergy! The best sound I've heard so far, I like it more than my HE400i that I sold to buy these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back