Alclair Reference Master Custom IEM Review
Jan 30, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #31 of 100
Quote:
Cheers for all the advice A.J. You're a star.

I've had a peek at the Dream earz thread. Geez, going by that, i reckon i could be charged around £60 on top. They'd better be worth it. Haha!! :)

Cool. I'm sure i've got some "unpopped" bubble wrap/mailer knocking around somewhere.

As for the courier, i was just pondering whether there is a quicker/cheaper/more reliable way of sending the impressions. I can always fall back on the Royal Mail, if i can't find a company that would be better.

I'm off to get my impressions doen a Friday afternoon. (£29 pounds from Specsavers, if anyone's interested) Well, that's if i can Otex any wax out of my lug holes first. :)

Once again, thanks for the advice, dude.

Let us know how things go.

Quote:
If you do send them by Royal Mail I'd use ISF for about £12-14.00  Gives you a tracking number.  Last time I sent something first class took about a fortnight to get to Sweden instead of Two-Three days by isf!  I also won largest box for a set of impressions as I'd double boxed them just to be on the safe side :)

Lol, largest box award!  On a somewhat unrelated note, I sent impressions to China via USPS First Class International and ended up sending another set with tracking.  My 2nd set arrived in a little over a week and after my unit shipped from China, the original set made it to the manufacturer.  Time vs. money!

Jan 30, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #32 of 100
Quote:
If you do send them by Royal Mail I'd use ISF for about £12-14.00  Gives you a tracking number.  Last time I sent something first class took about a fortnight to get to Sweden instead of Two-Three days by isf!  I also won largest box for a set of impressions as I'd double boxed them just to be on the safe side :)

Ooh, another golden nugget of a tip!

Gord bless ya, Mr. C. :)

Feb 2, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #35 of 100
Here's a few of the photos i took and will email to Amy for her perusal.
However, to my untrained eye, i have a feeling that they won't pass muster.
The nice lady at Specsavers said, that if they were not up to scratch, she'd do them again for nowt. Trouble is, she's only in the shop on Fridays, so i may have to wait another week, before i can send the buggers. :frowning2:
What do you guys reckon? A bit too shoddy?

Feb 3, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #36 of 100
Quote:
Here's a few of the photos i took and will email to Amy for her perusal.
However, to my untrained eye, i have a feeling that they won't pass muster.
The nice lady at Specsavers said, that if they were not up to scratch, she'd do them again for nowt. Trouble is, she's only in the shop on Fridays, so i may have to wait another week, before i can send the buggers. :frowning2:
What do you guys reckon? A bit too shoddy?

The lab tech is supposed to fill voids and smooth things.  Can you stick them back in your ears and see how they fit?  Although the way that material looks doesn't instill confidence.  

Feb 3, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #37 of 100
Quote:

The lab tech is supposed to fill voids and smooth things.  Can you stick them back in your ears and see how they fit?  Although the way that material looks doesn't instill confidence.  

Ooh, i never thought of trying to fit them back in. I'll give it a go.
I've emailed the photos off this morning, so i'll wait with bated breath for the response.

Feb 5, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #39 of 100
Congrats.  Now comes the hard part :-

THE WAIT!

Good luck :)

Feb 6, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #41 of 100
Quote:

I sent them ISF. It was only cost £10.69.

I've sent stuff to the US before and on average it's taken around 10-14 days to turn up. Postwoman Patricia at the P.O. told me that my ISF package would take around 3-5. I'm guessing that means 3-5 working days, but it's still pretty flippin' splendid.

Ta again for the tip, David.

Feb 6, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #42 of 100
Hi

I think what they meant was it'll take that time to get to the states.  After that it'll probably be another few days (for me it was about 5 working days to florida if that helps any!)to where ever Alclair is.  The tracking number is active right up until it leaves the country.  You will then get a "delivered and signed for" confirmation if you check the status.   You may want to email Alclair to see if they have any idea how long the average trip is.

Anyway hope it all works out for you and you don't need any dreaded refits!

Cheers

Feb 12, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #43 of 100
Quote:
Hi

I think what they meant was it'll take that time to get to the states.  After that it'll probably be another few days (for me it was about 5 working days to florida if that helps any!)to where ever Alclair is.  The tracking number is active right up until it leaves the country.  You will then get a "delivered and signed for" confirmation if you check the status.   You may want to email Alclair to see if they have any idea how long the average trip is.

Anyway hope it all works out for you and you don't need any dreaded refits!

Cheers

Woo-hoo!!

They've arrived, safe and sound. Took only six days. (including weekend), so you were pretty well spot on, David.

I'm hoping to have the finished articles in my filthy mitts in around 3 weeks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back