Alclair Audio Curve Review by mark2410
Jun 23, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #31 of 41
Hey Jupiter, yes they look funky, but once you figure them out (very quick, even in my technically inept case) the fit is exceptional. They have replaced the Dunus I used for working out, mowing the lawn, etc. my Wife, who used to hate headphones absconded with my Curves and the K7XXs I won, may have created a monster (kidding, she is an Angel).

can i just say, damn you sir!!

ive had "Hey Jupiter" stuck in my head all day  (tori amos song) lol.

Jun 24, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #34 of 41
  mark2410, quick question-  how does the bass (quantity) of  Alclair Curve compare to Dunu DN1000?

right.  the Curves is more ever present and there is more bass.  when you start to thump out a big bassline the 100 with its dynamic moves more air so some would confuse feeling the bass more with hearing it. 

looking at your list, i see some fairlybassy stuff.  the wooduo2's and others so im assuming you like quite a bit of bass. and are used to things taht are not only bassy but move alot of air too so, for you you might find that the bass output of Curves doesnt move the air you are used to.  if its taht your looking to see what a BA can do with bass it might be a good option for you but keep in mind with them your hearing the bass, your not getting the rest of the ear feeling it.

Jun 24, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #36 of 41

right.  the Curves is more ever present and there is more bass.  when you start to thump out a big bassline the 100 with its dynamic moves more air so some would confuse feeling the bass more with hearing it. 

looking at your list, i see some fairlybassy stuff.  the wooduo2's and others so im assuming you like quite a bit of bass. and are used to things taht are not only bassy but move alot of air too so, for you you might find that the bass output of Curves doesnt move the air you are used to.  if its taht your looking to see what a BA can do with bass it might be a good option for you but keep in mind with them your hearing the bass, your not getting the rest of the ear feeling it.

Thanks a lot , that helps. Yes you are right :) , I am a big fan of bassy IEMS which move a lot of air. I thought Curves will have more clarity and would be equally bassy ...

Jun 24, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #37 of 41

Thanks a lot , that helps. Yes you are right :) , I am a big fan of bassy IEMS which move a lot of air. I thought Curves will have more clarity and would be equally bassy ...

well they do have bass, lots of bass but its bass you can hear, the rest of your ear wont be feeling it.  just the lack of air volume in motion means coming from bassy dynamics you dont get the same impression of bass.

im not saying you wouldnt like it but BA's can be quite different in presentation to dynamics.  so you may well want to give them a try if you can.  personally i tihnk the best bass comes out of BA drivers and the Curve is both big and excelent.

Jun 24, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #38 of 41
  well they do have bass, lots of bass but its bass you can hear, the rest of your ear wont be feeling it.  just the lack of air volume in motion means coming from bassy dynamics you dont get the same impression of bass.

im not saying you wouldnt like it but BA's can be quite different in presentation to dynamics.  so you may well want to give them a try if you can.  personally i tihnk the best bass comes out of BA drivers and the Curve is both big and excelent.

Would really love to give them a try.. added to my #toBuy list. Probably next month (pulled the trigger on a IE20 XB and a Pioneer CL751 couple of days ago).. Wish I have seen your's and other reviews when they were selling it for $199. Thnx again ...

Jul 5, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #40 of 41
Enjoyed reading Your review. . sums up what Im hearing from the Curves gratiously thrown my way by Brooko. Really enjoy their non fatiquing slightly dark presentation , they have changed the way I think about Bass through BAs. Curious to hear version 2 if its an improvement in tuning then it must good! Find the Curves have Really great ergonomics , fit and comfort is excellent. Great IEM for extended listening while performing high mobility activities! :k701smile:

Jul 7, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #41 of 41
Enjoyed reading Your review. . sums up what Im hearing from the Curves gratiously thrown my way by Brooko. Really enjoy their non fatiquing slightly dark presentation , they have changed the way I think about Bass through BAs. Curious to hear version 2 if its an improvement in tuning then it must good! Find the Curves have Really great ergonomics , fit and comfort is excellent. Great IEM for extended listening while performing high mobility activities!
k701smile.gif

version 2 right here http://www.head-fi.org/t/789030/alclair-curve-2-0-review-by-mark2410.

it is a change in tuning, the 2 is more even but i loved the dark slant of the 1 very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back