Alclair Audio Curve Review by mark2410
Jun 15, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #17 of 41
I wear glasses, and I found the Curve's memory wire quite microphonic against the arms of the glasses

Because the Curve fits so well, this is one of those times where not having memory wire would actually be better IMO.

Jun 15, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #19 of 41
There ya go - three experienced head-fiers that would prefer NO MEMORY WIRE on the ear loops. That makes us a significant market segment for the dorks in the Marketing department, right? :p

Jun 15, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #20 of 41
Oh I usually prefer memory wire most of the time personally - but on the Curve I don't think it's required. Once they're worn, you don't need to worry about them staying put.

Jun 15, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #22 of 41
  A fan of the brand, but not much a fan of this design.

Have you actually tried it?  Incredibly comfortable, incredibly secure fitting.  I love it.

Jun 15, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #23 of 41
I haven't, I just don't like how it looks...
cool.gif

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #24 of 41
Oh I usually prefer memory wire most of the time personally - but on the Curve I don't think it's required. Once they're worn, you don't need to worry about them staying put.

I would argue that memory wire never helps. A simple neck cinch keeps earphones in place. Memory wire only helps when you hook the earphones over your ear but don't plug them into your ears. It is as helpful as an armrest for a two-handed driver. Sure, if you drive with one hand, maybe, but it's dangerous, annoying, and it gets in the way when you need to pull out your wallet. 

I'm member 123 of the Coalition Against Memory Wire.

Jun 16, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #25 of 41
LOL - considering not all earphones come with cinches, and some are quite shallow fitting - that's where memory wire can help (for some anyway).  Some - like the Curve - really don't need it.  Others - well I guess that comes down to pref.

Jun 16, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #26 of 41
It's just that no matter the earphone, no matter the fit, no matter that it lacks, or has an abundance of memory wire, I've never, ever, experienced a single benefit from it. Even stage musicians have wires going all over the place. Memory wire does nothing except reinforce the plug.

Jun 16, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #28 of 41
In addition to Mark's review, there is:

Mine - http://www.head-fi.org/products/alclair-curve/reviews/13270
ThatOneNoob's - http://www.head-fi.org/t/751334/poor-man-reviews-alclair-curve-universal-monitor
Elpcu's - http://www.head-fi.org/t/743968/alclair-curve-universal-monitor-review

Jun 20, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #30 of 41
I haven't, I just don't like how it looks...:cool:

Hey Jupiter, yes they look funky, but once you figure them out (very quick, even in my technically inept case) the fit is exceptional. They have replaced the Dunus I used for working out, mowing the lawn, etc. my Wife, who used to hate headphones absconded with my Curves and the K7XXs I won, may have created a monster (kidding, she is an Angel).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back