Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #32 of 83
I will attend and I will bring the following:

HiFiMan HE-560
Grado SR-225 (original)

FiiO X5ii, FiiO X5 (for sale)
PA2V2 amp
A mystery pocket amp

I have never been to one of these. Is it customary to prepare a playlist of tracks known to bring out the best in the equipment? I was planning to do that although my entire collection will be available.

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #33 of 83
  I will attend and I will bring the following:

HiFiMan HE-560
Grado SR-225 (original)

FiiO X5ii, FiiO X5 (for sale)
PA2V2 amp
A mystery pocket amp

I have never been to one of these. Is it customary to prepare a playlist of tracks known to bring out the best in the equipment? I was planning to do that although my entire collection will be available.

Welcome driver! Glad to have you at the meet. Most people have their equipment hooked up to a laptop, or have the ability to plug in a phone. Having a playlist is a great idea. I know I have my "audition" playlist, plus there rest of my library. You can also bring a USB drive (please virus scan it first) with your favorite music so you can listen to it on others computers, if they don't have those songs.  

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #34 of 83
If I can scrape together enough decent quality RCA cables, I'll be bringing a TC-7240 passive RCA switch that will allow easy head-to-head listening of multiple DACs as well as multiple Amps (e.g. Asgard 2 vs Ember II or Modi vs Bifrost vs SMSL M8)

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #35 of 83
  If I can scrape together enough decent quality RCA cables, I'll be bringing a TC-7240 passive RCA switch that will allow easy head-to-head listening of multiple DACs as well as multiple Amps (e.g. Asgard 2 vs Ember II or Modi vs Bifrost vs SMSL M8)

That would be very nice! I always have a hard time comparing things if I have to switch my headphones to different amps and re-play segments of a song. 

Apr 13, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #36 of 83
Well I was not sure I would have it done on time but I really put some hours in to building my project starlight and that has officially gone from maybe to a resounding yes it will be present at the meet-up. I only have one tube the RCA 12au7 Clear Top and it has the quad op amps that came with it. The sound floor is dead silent and it sounds dreamy.

Apr 18, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #38 of 83

how big? how many are they. We can fit at least 10 people with gear in that room with extra tables, but i can find us something else as well. I am down here so i can do the foot work

Apr 18, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #39 of 83
each person that brings get will need about 5 feet of table space. I can bring a folding table that can accommodate Mojo (hopefully). I'm more worried about electricity. Can we run long cords to other offices down the hall?

Apr 18, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #40 of 83
Awesome, I should be there! This sounds like great fun and I will give consideration to bringing headphones and my amp which is quite large.

Nakamichi SR4A
Beyerdynamic DT900 600 Ohm Premium
AKG K7XX
IFI Nano

Apr 18, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #41 of 83
i can also bring another table. We can run power from my office across the hall. that will give us one more and there is one in the hall we can run. so that is 5 all together with 2 outlets in each panel so 10 all together.

Apr 18, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #42 of 83
i can also bring another table. We can run power from my office across the hall. that will give us one more and there is one in the hall we can run. so that is 5 all together with 2 outlets in each panel so 10 all together.

I think that will work

Apr 19, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #43 of 83
So, looks like this is getting bigger! AWESOME! I'm in contact with a  couple of local audiophile folks and we have a couple of options for larger space. @CSdread, I will certainly keep you posted in case we end up moving to a larger location. I should know more by Thursday,

Apr 19, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #44 of 83
Unless something happens with work, I'll be making it. I won't bring the T2 because it's not done but I have a Carbon available. Along with some Stax phones.

Apr 19, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #45 of 83
  Unless something happens with work, I'll be making it. I won't bring the T2 because it's not done but I have a Carbon available. Along with some Stax phones.

Awesome!

This is getting to be a really cool meet. There's a gentleman from the Santa Fe Audio Society that will likely come and bring a 45 pound DHT SET headphone amp that is supposed to be frickin' awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back