Albuquerque, New Mexico meet is on! April 30, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #16 of 83
I wish everyone well, and hope the head-fi meet is a success. I wish I lived closer, it would be great to see Albuquerque again.

Apr 3, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #18 of 83
  If paradox per can come with some of his Stax gear I can try to come with my SRX Plus Stax tube headphone amp and some Stax phones.  May need some help carrying the gear, though.

I will be happy to help carry stuff. I would love to hear my ESP950 headphones on your amp (I have an adapter, assume it works). Of course, I want to hear any Stax phones. I always enjoy them. 

Apr 3, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #19 of 83
Google Maps states it's a 6.5 hour drive. Depending on work I will make the trip. It would be awesome to leave ARizona for a day.

We'd love to have you. Let us know if you can come and what you might bring. The drive is mostly highway, so if you slightly exceed the speed limit, you can can make it faster :)

Also, the Howard Johnson (7630 Pan American Fwy NE) is a decent hotel and pretty cheap. My wife stays there when she needs to stay the night.

Oh, bring a friend! :)

Apr 9, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #20 of 83
I'm thinking about making it down from Colorado as well, but it's the day before Mother's day so need a wife pass first!

Apr 10, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #21 of 83
Hey everyone,

Thinking of changing the date to April 30, so we don't bet on Mother's Day weekend. Does that work for everyone?

Apr 10, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #22 of 83
Hey everyone,

Thinking of changing the date to April 30, so we don't bet on Mother's Day weekend. Does that work for everyone?

Unless work sends me off somewhere for the week, I'm planning one driving down for the 30th (a mere 6 hours) and will bring:
Schiit Lyr with a variety of tubes to roll
Ember II with variety of tubes & adapters to roll
Asgard 2
HiFiMan 400i & 560
Sennheiser HD650 & HD700

Hope to have built a cable or two by then as well.

Apr 10, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #24 of 83

Hey everyone,

Unless work sends me off somewhere for the week, I'm planning one driving down for the 30th (a mere 6 hours) and will bring:
Schiit Lyr with a variety of tubes to roll
Ember II with variety of tubes & adapters to roll
Asgard 2
HiFiMan 400i & 560
Sennheiser HD650 & HD700

Hope to have built a cable or two by then as well.

It would be great to have you (and your equipment :). I live in Los Alamos, nm, so you can plan your driving. If you want to stay at my house the night before and/or after, you are welcome. @ASR, you are welcome too, I have two extra bedrooms since both kids are gone :) If you want to drive back after the meet, I have ideas to save on driving multiple cars. We can work that out in PMs or phone.

So, can we hear from the others if April 30 is OK?

Apr 12, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #28 of 83
The new date is confirmed The meet will be April 30, noon to 6. I updated the first post int he thread, but I cannot update the subject of the thread.

Still would love to hear if JimL11 and paradox per can attend.

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #29 of 83
I'm out of the country and uncertain when I return. Either date would still be a toss up.

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #30 of 83
  I'm out of the country and uncertain when I return. Either date would still be a toss up.

Ahh, ok. Well, hopefully you can make it. Thanks for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back