Albums you won't admit you like
Dec 11, 2003 at 8:40 PM Post #46 of 121
Natalie Imbruglia - White Lilies Island

My girlfriend gave me this cd as a joke because I openly despise pop music, but for some reason I like this album. It has more substance than any other pop I heard.

Dec 11, 2003 at 8:44 PM Post #47 of 121
Quote:

Originally posted by Masonjar
I don't. I'll take the Cocteau Twins any day. Even Loreena McKennitt. Enya just bugs the bejeezus outta me.

tongue.gif

-jar

Loreena McKennitt isn't too bad. I like some of her stuff, but not enough to break out one of her albums (my dad has several
rolleyes.gif
) and listen to it. There's certainly far worse stuff out there; that's for sure.
smily_headphones1.gif
I haven't heard of the Cocteau Twins. I might have to go look them up now. Thanks.

American McGee's Alice and the Quake 1 soundtrack...Hm. I might have to do that. I am seriously beginning to think these boards are going to be the death of my wallet. Oh, well. Running water's overrated any-ol-who.
280smile.gif

bat_angel.gif

Dec 11, 2003 at 10:50 PM Post #48 of 121
kylie minogue - fever

it lacks any real content, but its just so groovy....

Quote:

I like listening to the adult contemporary music of... Sting. Hmmm... maybe not something to really be ashamed of I guess.

there is quite a bit of adult contemporary out there that is pretty good. i dont exactly bring it up in conversation, but i'm fond of Sade and Seal, and the occasional Kenny Rogers. Sting is quite good too, but i prefer his stuff with the Police.

Dec 13, 2003 at 7:45 AM Post #49 of 121
I saw a Spice Girls concert in Madison Square Garden with my daughter, and Metallica (Reload) in Giants Stadium, in the same week, and enjoyed them equally. I am truly sorry if I let you guys down.

...and now that the cat's out of the bag, Anita Baker's "Rapture" is quite an endeavor...I hope Jim Morrison can forgive me.

Dec 13, 2003 at 4:50 PM Post #51 of 121
No Doubt's new "Boombox". I already have all of their albums and seen them many times live, so the "Singles" CD is nothing new. But the "Everything in Time (B-Sides)" is a nice compilation of previously unreleased cuts. I could do without the remixes though. The DVD's are nice to have too.

Technically, I think they do a good job recording-wise. I really like the choices they make arrangement-wise. Much more layered and interesting than most pop stuff.

Oh, and Gwen is soooo hot!!!! She can sing to me any time.

Dec 13, 2003 at 6:39 PM Post #53 of 121
Quote:

Originally posted by dabblerblue
i'm beginning to think that i really like...

...QUEEN!!!

this may not seem strange to you, but it sure as hell is to me!
eek.gif

Queen is awsome!
biggrin.gif

Dec 14, 2003 at 5:54 AM Post #54 of 121
i used to like no doubt but i dont like the direction there music has gone in the last five years, it just seems to pop for me. but anyway i own all their studio records but i want to get rid of all of them exept for "the beacon street collection" and i also wanna get the two singles off that album: squeal and doghouse (i LOVE doghouse).

i also got a hold of a few record albums from the 70's and 80's like inxs and little river band.

but i got this album by Yes called "going for the one". i love it but the music is really wierd and most people i know would be freaked out by the wierd synth sound. btw, the album art is cool but the butt on the cover kinda ruins the artistic bulding thing (the tri-fold thing is cool though)

Mar 30, 2005 at 3:51 PM Post #56 of 121
This thread needs resurrecting...
biggrin.gif

Hmmm... I collect old Moog Synthesizer LP's from the time of "Switched On Bach" (1968-1977) and really love some of those records, mostly because the sound of analog synths (and Moogs specifically) just does something to me. I can't even explain it. Usually the windows are *down* when I listen to these records tho
wink.gif

Hmm, what else... I like quite a bit of the "Urban Contemporary" genre -- Billy Ocean, Al B Sure, Alexander O'neal, Jeffrey Osbourne... stuff that's cliched as being the favorite music of black women in the 80's. Since I'm a 40 year old white guy, I guess that's a little embarrassing
biggrin.gif
. Some of those singers are really talented though, IMO.

Edit -- oh yeah, and I like some so-called 'nu metal' also, altho I hate Linkin Park and (in particular) Limp Bizkit. A good way to tell the really bad nu-metal is if the phrase "I hate you" (or a variant) is in there somewhere...
lambda.gif

Mar 30, 2005 at 4:22 PM Post #58 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by sant430
MC Hammer - Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em

When I was listening to that cassette, it was a great time for me personally!

That would have been around 1990, right? Good times for me too, altho I never really cared for MC Hammer.

Mar 30, 2005 at 5:06 PM Post #59 of 121
I have no problem admitting that I like Enya and Tori to close personal friends and eskimos who live in igloos a thousand miles from civilization.

erm in the realm of the true embarrassment I like a lot of trashy 80s. Belinda Carlyle, Bon Jovi..

Also Avril Lavigne is so darn catchy! I mean I can't keep up with her singles but each one is such a hit with me lol.

I'm sure there's more.. but when most of your listening is done with headphones the normal and the embarrassing oftentimes blend together(as no one else can hear you
smily_headphones1.gif
)

m

Mar 30, 2005 at 5:16 PM Post #60 of 121
I hate everything by Madonna, but I am extremely fond of the Kruder & Dorfmeister mix of "Nothing Really Matters".

B00000IMS2.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back