Albums you cant wait for in 2010
Jan 5, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #76 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by acidbasement /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finntroll, Therion, Gamma Ray, and Blind Guardian all have new albums coming out in 2010, and I drool with anticipation.

I am looking forward to all of these--especially Blind Guardian. A few years ago, these would have been my top four albums for the year, but I have since started listening to mostly classical music, some "pop," and only sometimes metal; although few genres, as it were, are more satisfying than a good session with Blind Guardian, Therion, Skyclad (pre-Martin) et cetera..

Jan 5, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #77 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For sure, I didn't really love Distortion as a whole (which is basically the only reason I'm not getting my hopes up) but it still had some fantastic tracks anyway.

Yes, I will admit I didn't completely "get" Distortion. It had a few stellar songs, but wasn't what I expected from Stephin Merritt. I really enjoyed "i" though. I liked 69 love songs quite a lot, but I am still the most fond of Holiday- in my opinion, their best album.

Also, it looks like we won't have to wait long: 'Realism, the third album in the "no-synth" trilogy (following i and Distortion), will be released on January 26, 2010.'

Love your avatar and handle.. listening to "Either/Or" right now, as it were.

Jan 5, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #78 of 119
Forgot to mention Ted Leo and the Rx Pharmacists new album. First single is great, so excited for this too.

I am hoping Vampire Weekend's new album takes them in a new direction because the debut was great, but idk if another whole album with that feel will be that great.

Jan 6, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #79 of 119
I'm looking forward to see what the new Pavement release is going to be like. Based on Malkmus' release from last year, and Spiral's release this year, it ought to be interesting...

Jan 7, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #82 of 119
The new Dark Tranuillity "We are the void"

25771.jpg

Jan 7, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #84 of 119
Patty Griffin - Downtown Church

January 26th
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #86 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Massive Attack - "Heligoland"
[size=xx-small]Scheduled for release in February 2010[/size]

Promo is out^^ (has the promo^^)

Jan 11, 2010 at 6:41 AM Post #89 of 119
New one from Centro-Matic!
Quote:

We have a new Centro-matic album that we started tracking last summer that's about halfway done. I think we'll be finishing it up (overdubs and mixin) in Feb. Our internal clock is scheduling a fall '10 release. Centro-matic touring to be closely associated with said release.
I think we should have some Dual Hawks outtakes ready for the world soon. (Oh, Sheila!) And that live dvd is SUPERDUPER close now. I can almost taste it... with my eyes. But not quite.

I'm really excited about this one.

Edit: As you can tell by the number of albums I'm posting about, this year has potential to be huge for my tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back