albums tracks playing in wrong order
Feb 15, 2019 at 5:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

toolapcblack

New Head-Fier
Hi all just wondering if there is a simple solution to the following i have one album that the tracks are playing 10 , 11, 12, 1 2 etc is there a simple fix for this?
The said album works fine on all my other devices(sbt, dx200 FIIO) apart from my new Cowon DAP (which needs FAT32 filesystem)...it is rather strange as i am using a 200gb and 128gb micro sd cards with said player and all other albums seem fine.

many thanks in advance
j

Feb 22, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #3 of 3
I still use mp3tag so I can't help with anything less antiquated. but in mp3tag, there is the very practical
$num(%track%,3)
to add in the code line in tag to filename (if the DAP sorts things by filename), or using the tag to tag operation and selecting "title" as target if the title tag is what the DAP uses to sort songs. the number, 3 in my example, is the number of digit mp3tag will use. for songs you never need for than 2, but for audiobooks with hundreds of chapters, 3 can really save the day.

so for example, my last convertion of audiobooks so the order would be correct on my sony DAP, needed the "title" tag to be edited, so I picked the tag-tag button, selected "TITLE" for the "field" option, and $num(%track%,3) - %title% for the format string. that way each track simply replaced the title tag by the track number(as a 3 digit number), plus the original title. very minimal change. obviously that worked because the chapters had track numbers already written in the metadata and it's just my DAP that's too stupid to go fetch that information on it own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back