Albums that you enjoy listening to again and again
Sep 10, 2011 at 4:12 AM Post #2 of 20
I'm interested in this

Always. Whenever I don't know what to listen to. It's at the bottom of my John Mayer list.

Still pissed with their newest stuff that didn't meet this standard.

Face it, it's The Best of -

Sep 10, 2011 at 6:48 AM Post #3 of 20
Electronic is what I listen to mostly. These ones still haven't expired since I first heard them:

anders ilar-everdom
carbon based lifeforms-hydroponic garden
dj sprinkles-midtown 120 blues
marsen jules-les fleurs
newworldaquarium-the dead bears
rod modell-vibrasound
the detroit escalator company-black buildings
vince watson-echoes from the future
william basinski-el camino real
yagya-will i dream during the process

Also some strings that I keep enjoying:

do make say think-& yet & yet
doves-some cities
i'm not a gun-our lives on wednesdays
mui-inside a moving machine
tape-rideau

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #7 of 20
Funny, even though I have a ton of music, I still listen to stuff I was into in 1974.

Golden Earring..........Moontan
Black Sabbath..........Black Sabbath
Led Zeppelin..........Led Zeppelin                                               I was able to get my Wife rocking out to Golden Earring yesterday and the album is older than her!

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #8 of 20
There are only two CDs I've found that I can listen to non-stop in my car. I just let them loop, and my car remembers where I was in the album (so I don't hear Track 1 every time I start the car..). My commute is ~30min each way, so it's probably safe to say I've heard them on the order of 100 times (including when I listen to them at home/work. yes, I might listen to them on the way to work, at work, on the way home, and at home). Every now and then I try to add another CD but I seem to get tired of almost everything else.

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane over the Sea

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing...

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #9 of 20
Del The Funky Homosapien, Both Sides of the Brain. I've owned this album since it came out. Timeless!..

Sep 11, 2011 at 5:10 AM Post #10 of 20
"Dusk at Cubist Castle," Olivia Tremor Control

Though I love a lot of albums for repeat listens, this is an underappreciated classic. If you like psychedilic and experimental rock, this is wonderful. Check the Pitchfork review.

Oct 14, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #13 of 20
 Absolution- Muse :)

Oct 20, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #14 of 20
Lot's good albums out there but one that I will pick today will be Blossom Dearie's May I come in recorded in 1964. It's a sweet and charming record that I have on both vinyl and CD and I never get tired of it. It's really well mixed too.

Oct 21, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #15 of 20
   ^ ^ ^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back