Album tracks playing in wrong order on sony dap
May 6, 2018 at 12:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dimtrance

New Head-Fier
hi!
I recently bought the sony zx300 dap and i am really enjoying it alongside my sony 1am2 headphones in balanced mode. Sounds amazing!
There is though one problem that is driving me nuts!
When i transfer an album to the dap the tracks play in wrong order!

- my albums are correctly tagged with mp3tag. Used all possible combinations for disc nr and track nr (for example disc 1, disc 1/1, track 1, track 1/15 ...). Nothing.

- ripped albums in several formats, aiff, flac, aac, mp3, nope, nothing

- used several programs to rip and transfer, even sony’s music center! NOTHING!!!

I usually find solutions for more complicated problems, but this is driving me crazy. All my albums are dj mixes and not having the ability to play them correctly destroys the experience. I searched the web but found no solution. Correct tagging is mentioned but i literally tried everything there!
Help!!!

May 6, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #2 of 7
I have to ask the obvious question, is shuffle enabled?

If shuffle is disabled, what order are they playing in? There must be some logic to it, perhaps it's alphabetical order by title or file name. Have you tried adding the disk and track number to the beginning of the file name, like "1-01 title.flac", "1-02 title.flac", etc.?

May 6, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #3 of 7
No, no shuffle.
Have already tried to change the file name, just as you propose, no luck.
Can literally not find any logic, same album, different order each time it plays!
I understand it is a common problem reported by many, but none has posted a verified solution. I am starting to think that noone listens to cds anymore...

May 6, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #5 of 7
Usually this only happens because the tags are screwed up. Is there a setting on the dap to play by filename instead of tag? Can you search on the DAP and find files labeled as you expect?

May 6, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #6 of 7
hi!
I recently bought the sony zx300 dap and i am really enjoying it alongside my sony 1am2 headphones in balanced mode. Sounds amazing!
There is though one problem that is driving me nuts!
When i transfer an album to the dap the tracks play in wrong order!

- my albums are correctly tagged with mp3tag. Used all possible combinations for disc nr and track nr (for example disc 1, disc 1/1, track 1, track 1/15 ...). Nothing.

- ripped albums in several formats, aiff, flac, aac, mp3, nope, nothing

- used several programs to rip and transfer, even sony’s music center! NOTHING!!!

I usually find solutions for more complicated problems, but this is driving me crazy. All my albums are dj mixes and not having the ability to play them correctly destroys the experience. I searched the web but found no solution. Correct tagging is mentioned but i literally tried everything there!
Help!!!

Have you tried playing them in folder view only?

May 6, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #7 of 7
I had encountered this before with my flac files.
They played fine in proper order in certain DAPs but not in a few other DAPs that I owned.
My solution was to use foolbar to convert to wav.
I have no idea why though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back