Album that got you into music?
Jul 29, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #63 of 116
Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction, coming from the pop radio/hip hop/ rnb crap played daily on the airwaves, Axl Rose's voice was absolutely mind-blowing

Jul 29, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #65 of 116
Bjork~Post-2.jpg

I was 15 when I first heard Post. A friend put on Hyper ballad and everything about that song spoke to me. I borrowed the album and found out what music was truly meant do. It wasn't something that should just sound good but something that should highlight your soul then reach inside and show things you never knew was there. And now here I am today with an arsenal of music that will do just that.

Jul 30, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #67 of 116
^ What album is that?

Jul 30, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #70 of 116
Rush-Signals

Man, I could relate to "Subdivisions". I was thirteen at the time. Soon after I discovered Dead Kennedys-Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables and Butthole Surfers-PCPEP and it was all down hill from there. Damn those were the days!

Jul 30, 2007 at 10:25 AM Post #71 of 116
Two albums really. The album that got me into music beyond the usual radio crap is The Beatles - Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band. I became a bonafide Beatles fanatic after that, memorized all their songs, etc.

The album that brought me past the Beatles was Aerosmith - Pump. Needless to say, these two albums hold a hallowed place in my ipod.

Aug 1, 2007 at 5:21 AM Post #72 of 116
Elvis Presley: Jailhouse Rock. One of my first memories of music is my dad having me sit on his lap while listening to this and making my hands clap to the beat of the music. I have never looked back...

Aug 1, 2007 at 1:02 PM Post #73 of 116
There were numerous singles that initiated my journey as a music-loving/buying fanatic. I remember that "Pictures Of Matchstick Men" by Status Quo, "Somebody To Love" by Jefferson Airplane, "Windy" by The Association, "Steppin' Stone, (I'm Not Your)" by The Monkees, and "Born To Be Wild" by Steppenwolf, among others, made me pay attention to the music that was, thanks to my Mom more or less, constantly playing in my life. The first album that I purchased, I remember it well, was "Disraeli Gears" by Cream. Music has been primary in my life since that album...
icon10.gif
cool.gif

Aug 1, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #74 of 116
For me, it was Yanni-If I Could Tell You. I heard it when I was 15. Before that, I can honestly say I never listened to music with any real interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back