Album that got you into music?
Jul 25, 2007 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 116

guttorm

100+ Head-Fier
this might've been done already, but let's wax sentimental as they say. can you recall an album that first made you realize the wonders of modern music? mine was smashing pumpkins - siamese dream.

Jul 25, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #2 of 116
For me, the album was Kid A by Radiohead. I don't even want to think of the radio garbage I was listening to before I borrowed/stole this CD from my sister (she hated it). Long story short, this album widened my musical horizons considerably.

Jul 25, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #3 of 116
TheFlamingLips-YoshimiBattlesThePinkRobots.jpg

Changed my life. And I'm not the only one; I've loaned this CD to basically everybody I know and only one person had the slightest dislike.

Jul 25, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #8 of 116
I'd say Opeth's Deliverance. Before that I kinda listened to whatever was on the radio, but after a friend introduced me to them freshmen year of high school I started going out of my way to discover new music.

Jul 25, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #10 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by guttorm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pink floyd is cliche for a reason, though.

So true. Got me into music, too...I don't listen to it often anymore, but it still blows my mind when I pull it out.

Jul 25, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #11 of 116
Maybe not the album that got me into modern music, but the first that got me into listening to albums as a whole was Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory.I was fourteen, ok?

Jul 25, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #12 of 116
My aunt gave me two CD's she had duplicates of... Genesis - Invisible Touch and The Cars - Heartbeat City. I still have the Heartbeat City.

Jul 25, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #13 of 116
Probably a tossup between Nivana - Nevermind and Pearl Jam - Ten. Before that I just had a bunch of Kriss Kross and GnR - Appetite for Destruction on cassette
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 25, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #14 of 116
Queen - a night at the Opera.

I was 4 when it was released in 75. I heard it for the first time in 80', I was 10... and crapped in my pants. My neighbor made a copy onto maxell cassette (UD-XLII baby!!), I played it over and over on my tape recorder.

My friends at the time were into AC/DC, The Who, The kinks, Genesis... But Queen was my gig at the time. The tunes on that LP swept me away, it was like listening to a dream. Then they released The Game in 80', I crapped AND pissed in my pants over that release.

Ive been a Queen - Prog fan since. 30 years later... I still get goosebumps from A night at the opera.

The Police released Ghost in the Machine too that year, my fave Police LP. I was also into Asia and Styx.

Jul 25, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #15 of 116
There is no single album that got me into music. I've just been listening to music my entire life. Somewhere in 4th grade I started making mixed tapes and that started me down the dark path into audiophile.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back