Alambic Ears - Impressions thread - Mentawai, Mavericks, Mundaka, Noosa
May 31, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #271 of 315
Did you contact Fred to find a solution ?
I think he’s take really care of making as better as possible.
Do you have a picture of the default ?
And what’s about the sound ?

May 31, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #272 of 315
Did you contact Fred to find a solution ?
I think he’s take really care of making as better as possible.
Do you have a picture of the default ?
And what’s about the sound ?
I was a bit rushed to post it here. Fred is a really nice guy and he's already taking care of it.

The sound is exceptional for first listening. Great resolution and bass impact. The treble has good definition and it's well extended. It has warm sound signature and it's very spacious.

May 31, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #273 of 315
I was a bit rushed to post it here. Fred is a really nice guy and he's already taking care of it.

The sound is exceptional for first listening. Great resolution and bass impact. The treble has good definition and it's well extended. It has warm sound signature and it's very spacious.

Fred is always eager to help where he can. Sounds like a less than ideal omission on your Entawai!

I hope it gets rectified quickly so you can get back to listening. I never tire of the bass on the Mentawai. Full of character.

Jun 22, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #276 of 315
I wonder if it's possible to order a "Mars"-version of the Mentawais from Fred? Have owners here compared custom to universal? Is there a substancial difference in sound quality?
I think the latest version is not available as CIEM but you can order the "Mars" faceplates.

Jun 25, 2023 at 5:38 AM Post #279 of 315
I wonder if it's possible to order a "Mars"-version of the Mentawais from Fred? Have owners here compared custom to universal? Is there a substancial difference in sound quality?

Hello mikkol79,

The answers are :

Yess you can order the mars version, take care about it’s an experimental version, not the classic way and not the favorite sound of Alambic ears, contact Alambic ears directly to ask this custom way.

You don’t have a substantial difference between custom and universal. The most important difference is about seal and fit. If you have leaks with the tips you use, you loose a part of sound information, especially the bass.
Take care about it can be complicated with customs, because if the shell is not perfect, you have sent it one more time to adjust, and in this case you have additional costs.

Bye 👋

Jun 25, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #280 of 315
Looking forward to comparison with your SR8 and NP if I'm correct, still also incoming.

Hey there--
I'll only be able to do the comparison with the SR8. I didn't get the Neon Pro... but did have the Aurora briefly. That just wasn't my 'cup of tea' though, unfortunately. I'm sure I'll find the Mentawai right in line with Ian's thoughts on how they compare. Mine will be a confirmation no doubt. I really am going to have a hard time being patient while it's being made!! But I'm sure it's more than worth it!

Jun 28, 2023 at 7:31 AM Post #282 of 315
Been Listening to this combo for the past couple of weeks and its been growing on me so much ><! Expansive sound stage and beautiful mids, the tuning is so perfect for me.

****Must upgrade the stock cable to get the most out of the Mentawai. The Rhapsodio - Graphene reccommended by David was a perfect match!

Thanks for making these perfect IEM. @Aldo40

Attachments

• 353856326_826875505711022_7912382399321008750_n.jpg
    353856326_826875505711022_7912382399321008750_n.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 28, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #283 of 315
Edit

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #284 of 315
Been Listening to this combo for the past couple of weeks and its been growing on me so much ><! Expansive sound stage and beautiful mids, the tuning is so perfect for me.

****Must upgrade the stock cable to get the most out of the Mentawai. The Rhapsodio - Graphene reccommended by David was a perfect match!

Thanks for making these perfect IEM. @Aldo40

With code 51 effect audio, very nice combinaison. I compared with plenty other cables. Great match and confortable.

Jul 19, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #285 of 315
Hey there--
I'll only be able to do the comparison with the SR8. I didn't get the Neon Pro... but did have the Aurora briefly. That just wasn't my 'cup of tea' though, unfortunately. I'm sure I'll find the Mentawai right in line with Ian's thoughts on how they compare. Mine will be a confirmation no doubt. I really am going to have a hard time being patient while it's being made!! But I'm sure it's more than worth it!
What aspects of the Aurora did not align with your personal preferences?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back