AKG's New Flagship IEM - N5005
Jan 30, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #781 of 1,541
Test album, The Works by Queen on DSD.
Source - Sony wm1a- balanced output

My impressions ymmv...

Bass
N5005 - bass drum and bass guitar are both very separated, both sound right with good slam and warmth. Doesn’t add anything artificial.

Blessing - bass quantity much the same and similar detail but not quite as warm. This could be down to using comply tips on the n5005 but I suspect it’s got to do with how the treble is presented on these more on that later. Rumble is better on these you can almost feel the bass skin stretching as the pedal strikes.

Mids

N5005 - nice and thick, vocals are spot on, guitar sounds natural, backing vocals are apparent and fit well into the mix.

Blessing - ever so slightly recessed and a little thinner than the n5005, fuzz guitar sounds cleaner, but less fun. Backing vocals less apparent.

Highs

N5005 - these are definitely less. Less in the sense that they fade more into the background. Cymbals sound less obvious which for this particular album works ok, everything still sounds in balance.

Blessing - hot (not sibilant) treble is pretty apparent, lush cymbals and generally gives the impression of wider sound stage and more detail. I think this Is why I love these on the Sony, just incredible details, be it shakers, upper piano octaves, screaming guitars, these thrive on that.

Pretty rough and ready impressions but generally if you like a thicker lusher sound (still detailed but less in your face) the n5005 would be my recommendation. If you have a good source and material, the blessing are rewarding. I feel fortunate to own both these.

Thanks a lot for the impressions! Appreciate it.

It doesn’t make it easier though haha!

My source is the Fiio Q5 atm with AM3A and AM2A modules.

Jan 30, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #783 of 1,541
Can’t say I’ve heard the Q5 unfortunately.

I like the n5005 for the flexibility of cables/bt filters etc. Great package

Could I blantantly say that Blessing are more detail oriented/ has more treble energy?

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #785 of 1,541
I would agree with that statement with the reference filters.

Thank you sir.

I want to make a step up to a TOTL, I already have the Moondrop Kanas Pro and Kinera Idun Deluxe Version. So I want to make one more purchase that fit my needs and be done with it.

Jan 30, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #787 of 1,541
I think I recall saying that about a dozen iems ago lol!

I figure! Seems like any ordinary man/woman would say in audio equipment. The worst part is I already have awesome full sized headphones as well.

Jan 30, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #788 of 1,541
Thank you sir.

I want to make a step up to a TOTL, I already have the Moondrop Kanas Pro and Kinera Idun Deluxe Version. So I want to make one more purchase that fit my needs and be done with it.

Stick your head in the flinkenicks general discussion thread or discovery thread and see how that's worked out for various people :) There is a reason why "Welcome to Headfi, sorry about your wallet" has become the unofficial slogan here you know :)

Jan 31, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #789 of 1,541
Can anyone recommend somewhere reputable in Europe to buy these from? The UK AKG site points me to the Samsung site in the US, hoping to find somewhere more local. Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

• BenF
Back