AKG's Made In China Question
Feb 28, 2009 at 10:19 AM Post #31 of 43
The problem is these Chinese manufacturers managed to trick or hide their corner cuttings to the companies they made the product for.

That milk example, local company down under actually recalled their products from the shelves of supermarket. Sure they say just to be cautious, but it show that these poisonous product went through their QC and onto consumer hands. And they didn't know until later. Their milk problem was known before the Beijing Olympic. The freaking Chinese Government managed to keep it quite throughout the Olympic. That's the kinda of Nation we are dealing with.

I am sorry if I'm scared of their products, but they got themselves to blame.

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:34 AM Post #32 of 43
they just dont have any ethics, they would use "substitutes" as long as it works and can fool testing etc, they would contiue to use it with absolute no regard to H&S.

well chinese/western countries can go haywire if they find out stuff like that, to the point of perhaps ruining the mood of the olympics, thats how the government thinks... Even with the internet censorship they dont like bad things to happen, when it does, they execute the death penalities on people, but its endless...

Although more to deal with are made in china "fake" products are extremely rampant, if they are cheap because they are bad? especially if the highend products costs more. And partly because they dont have the income to pay for it thus going for cheap stuff.

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:35 AM Post #33 of 43
My Asus is made and designed in Taiwan. It's better than anything I've ever used and anything else in comparison to what I had paid for. Their customer service, is the best in the industry. Oh you may start talking crap and say Alienware, Falcon Northwest or any other company makes better. Oh wait they ALL use Clevo notebooks, which are designed and made in Taiwan.

My Compass designed and built in Beinjing, China. It's build and parts just exudes quality.

Get lost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha chinese love their cheap stuff... they are usually cheap why? cut corners, how can they make it soo cheap... But its still company and their quality control and the parts that they use meets certain standards then the chinese own standards :p yes very ruthless...

Do you even read all of the news, or just the headliners that may flash across Fox News? How many times does a US food producer has to recall their item every year. Just past few months one was for peanut butter and another for crackers, but your prejudice wouldn't let you notice that huh? But you know better in how to manage food quality control for almost 2 billion people. Get lost, your arrogance is disgusting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem is these Chinese manufacturers managed to trick or hide their corner cuttings to the companies they made the product for.

That milk example, local company down under actually recalled their products from the shelves of supermarket. Sure they say just to be cautious, but it show that these poisonous product went through their QC and onto consumer hands. And they didn't know until later. Their milk problem was known before the Beijing Olympic. The freaking Chinese Government managed to keep it quite throughout the Olympic. That's the kinda of Nation we are dealing with.

I am sorry if I'm scared of their products, but they got themselves to blame.

Your generalities here, that's called racism, and prejudice. I believe this forum has strict rules related to this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they just dont have any ethics, they would use "substitutes" as long as it works and can fool testing etc, they would contiue to use it with absolute no regard to H&S.

well chinese/western countries can go haywire if they find out stuff like that, to the point of perhaps ruining the mood of the olympics, thats how the government thinks... Even with the internet censorship they dont like bad things to happen, when it does, they execute the death penalities on people, but its endless...

Although more to deal with are made in china "fake" products are extremely rampant, if they are cheap because they are bad? especially if the highend products costs more. And partly because they dont have the income to pay for it thus going for cheap stuff.

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:39 AM Post #34 of 43
I can't believe how ridiculous people are about questions of where and how things are made. The questions are totally legitimate.
Have you considered that some people have ethical reasons for asking those questions? Yes, there really are people out there who will refuse to buy something because of the way people, animals, the environment, etc are treated.
Some governments treat their citizens as disposable labor. Some governments think it's fine for children to work in factories with dangerous equipment. Some governments (most actually) don't give a damn about environmental damage their industries cause.
Welcome to the real world
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:44 AM Post #35 of 43
The comments are not legitimate in reference to ANY country.

Again very racist and prejudice. You can find plenty of crap and lack of quality control in the US. Just look at GM, recently Saab has put the full blame of their decline in quality cars to GM. Swedish government refused to provide government bailout money while under GM control.

You buy something that is US/Japanese or European owned, but manufactured in China and then complain about the quality control, blaming China. That logic makes no sense. Blame the company that refuses to uphold quality control, which, rofl, are US/European or Japanese owned. Go away with your racist generalities.

Get lost with you racism and prejudice, it's not needed. You got problems with a specific manufacturer or company, fine, but to make blanket generalities of an entire country and ethnicity is disgusting, ignorant and just plain stupid.

Children? Again do you only read what you want to read? The FBI recently just arrested and freed a whole lot of children used in a child prostitution ring. Incredible, how your mind works.

Welcome to real world, why do so many Chinese students who attend our very best universities still return to work and live in the situation you described. Think about it, lame brain, good to know you love sensational news. Their are child labor issues in just about every country, not just China.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't believe how ridiculous people are about questions of where and how things are made. The questions are totally legitimate.
Have you considered that some people have ethical reasons for asking those questions? Yes, there really are people out there who will refuse to buy something because of the way people, animals, the environment, etc are treated.
Some governments treat their citizens as disposable labor. Some governments think it's fine for children to work in factories with dangerous equipment. Some governments (most actually) don't give a damn about environmental damage their industries cause.
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:52 AM Post #36 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The comments are legitimate in reference to ANY country. It's not just a chinese thing.

Again very racist and prejudice. You can find plenty of crap and lack of quality control in the US. Just look at GM, recently Saab has put the full blame of their decline in quality cars to GM. Swedish government refused to provide government bailout money while under GM control.

Get lost with you racism and prejudice, it's not needed. You got problems with a specific manufacturer or company, fine, but to make blanket generalities is disgusting, ignorant and just plain stupid.

Please quote specifically the part of my post that was racist.
Maybe you need get your head out of your **s before you go on calling people racists. Am I racist if I say Stalin's form of government inhumane and corrupt? You do know it is possible for a government to be corrupt right? ...and that it has nothing to do with race?

Btw, nice avatar for someone who believes in treating people as individuals and without prejudice
popcorn.gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:54 AM Post #37 of 43
Saying the comments are totally legitimate, yeah that exudes racism.

It's not a Chinese thing, it's an issue of how the company upholds quality control. Do I have to repeat everything?

Maybe this is an indication of how you only read what you want to read. Yeah my avatar is a reflection that I actually read and understand who Obama is, not just the sensational news you see on television. But right my opinion that Obama isn't the savior makes me an insensitive person to worker's rights and human rights. What is wrong with you?

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:57 AM Post #38 of 43
Quote:

Saying the comments are totally legitimate, yeah that exudes racism.

It's not a Chinese thing, it's an issue of how the company upholds quality control. Do I have to repeat everything?

Maybe this is an indication of how you only read what you want to read. Yeah my avatar is a reflection that I actually read and understand who Obama is, not just the sensational news you see on television. But right my opinion that Obama isn't the savior makes me an insensitive person to worker's rights and human rights. What is wrong with you?

Are you completely insane?

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:58 AM Post #39 of 43
Are you completely dense? Another for the ignore list, can't read the opinions of someone who thinks it's ok to make gibberish generalities that insult an entire nation.

Feb 28, 2009 at 11:52 AM Post #40 of 43
Oh my!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Some people simply don't know when its better to keep the mouth shut

Feb 28, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #41 of 43
so...are we talking about headphones here?
i dont care where my stuffs came from, as long as i'm satisfied with what i paid for~
actually, i prefer chinese ones since they're quite cheap while the quality is acceptable
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #42 of 43
Quote:

Do you even read all of the news, or just the headliners that may flash across Fox News? How many times does a US food producer has to recall their item every year. Just past few months one was for peanut butter and another for crackers, but your prejudice wouldn't let you notice that huh?

Hmm I mentioned I am from Down Under (Australia). So yeah, I wouldn't know what's going on in the US. I don't even keep up what's going on in China until the problem hit home. But yeah, even in Australia there are warnings on what local restaurants or food or products to avoid. And I avoid them. I treat China products no different.

Quote:

But you know better in how to manage food quality control for almost 2 billion people. Get lost, your arrogance is disgusting.

Well this kind of attitude won't help. You manage quality by voting it with your wallet. We are the consumers after all. I wasn't even talking about quality here. I am talking about harmful products. So I don't get why you call me arrogance for being cautious. If I call Chinese goods inferior than you can call me arrogance. But I didn't.

Feb 28, 2009 at 12:58 PM Post #43 of 43
Quote:

On the oher hand, think what happens if you don't buy the stuff that produced in conditions you've described: they will use children labor even harder or those poor children will die since you will not buy their stuff and they will receive no money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back