AKG's Made In China Question
Feb 27, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #16 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just put him on ignore like everyone else does. :p
His MO is always to post some poorly concealed flame/troll attempt, and then when people comment on it he reacts all offended or surprised.

+1. It's simpler to ignore than to engage.

Feb 27, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #17 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by ndskyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont know why you quoted my response here. I was polite and tried to answer the OP's question.

That wasn't your quote, it was "djay1948's".

If you guys want me to remove an inappropriate post, then I'd have to remove all of the posts that referred to said post, and it will leave the thread barren.

I can do that, or you can steer the thread into a more productive one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by poundsign /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think you will find good answer to you question. I think anything under 100 us dollars will be made in china. The more expensive the more parts will be made in Austria. AKG is a part of the Harmon-Kardon group so with the big companies who knows?

You think that any part under $100 US is made in China?
confused_face(1).gif

I find this comment to be stereotypical and morally wrong, unless you know this for a fact!

Feb 28, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #18 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by djay1948 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think "whine with your panties stuffed up your butt" is really crude and very much against the spirit of what we are trying to do here. I'm relatively new to this site, but so far, I've found the nastiness of some of the contributors really surprising.

I would have to agree here. Just last night i created a thread to find out if the AD700's were made in China/Tawian and he decides to hijack the thread with his hidden agenda of pointing the finger and accusing me of being racist, with the thread subsequently being locked.

If he and others can't maturely voice their advice/opinions, they should go somewhere else.

Some people want to know where they are made, to some people it matters and to other people it doesnt.

I, like the OP, am also curious to find out where the said AKGs are made.

Feb 28, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #19 of 43
My Ultrasone HFI-780 were assembled in Taiwan, my Senn HD205 and M-Audio Q40s were assembled in China as well. Not a single problem with that. They work just like they should, don't have obvious weak spots or signs of laziness during the assembly.

Feb 28, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #20 of 43
I'm sort of offended that you automatically equate 'assembled in China' with poor quality. Perhaps you need to reexamine the interior of your computer, or pretty much any mass produced, sophisticated electronic.

It's not being made in China that inherently makes it bad, it's the QC procedures set by the company.

Feb 28, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #23 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Almoxil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Ultrasone HFI-780 were assembled in Taiwan, my Senn HD205 and M-Audio Q40s were assembled in China as well. Not a single problem with that. They work just like they should, don't have obvious weak spots or signs of laziness during the assembly.

Mine Ultrasone Pro 750 assembled in Taiwan, the screw holes on the left dont match the centre headband there is a small noticeble gap.. surprised it didnt fell off its still great.

My TF10 is made in china, so are iPods, Monitor, ER6i? MacBooks :p China probably have more investment in assmebly plants for those general products and is upto date. Most of the time it is the company's quality control at work, if the product is bad, it's usually the company's attitude not which country it camed from.

Feb 28, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #24 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by drkazndragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you know, theres a reason companies have quality control....

So we're talking about every single company then? Or the ones in China that mass produce cheap products like plastic coat hangers?

Cos I'm pretty sure the lead-paint fiasco with Mattel toy truc - wait, did I say mattel? Oops.

Feb 28, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #25 of 43
Makes sense to me as well!
Chinese labour are cheaper than the Austrian one...
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 8:22 AM Post #26 of 43
I just received my AKG K702. This was assembled, individually tested and numbered in Austria.

Feb 28, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #27 of 43
I liked the "austrian parts that put together in china" part
smily_headphones1.gif
That's just ridiculous. Even top-flight headphones are made in china\asia when it comes to parts, then they ship these parts to Austia, etc, and assemble headphones there for marketing reasons.

Feb 28, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #28 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I liked the "austrian parts that put together in china" part
smily_headphones1.gif
That's just ridiculous. Even top-flight headphones are made in china\asia when it comes to parts, then they ship these parts to Austia, etc, and assemble headphones there for marketing reasons.

I was waiting for somebody to say that.

Feb 28, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #29 of 43
I don't have problem with made in China, but lately their product has been in the news for all the wrong reasons. Contaminated milk, paint even produced like garlic, noodles, etc. The way some Chinese cut corners in their products can harm the consumers. These are just ruthless.

I am scare of made in China to be honest. So I promised my self I avoid things made in China that are wearable like clothes and headphones and consumemable like food.

CDs or other stuff, probably are alright.

Feb 28, 2009 at 9:15 AM Post #30 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have problem with made in China, but lately their product has been in the news for all the wrong reasons. Contaminated milk, paint even produced like garlic, noodles, etc. The way some Chinese cut corners in their products can harm the consumers. These are just ruthless.

I am scare of made in China to be honest. So I promised my self I avoid things made in China that are wearable like clothes and headphones and consumemable like food.

CDs or other stuff, probably are alright.

Haha chinese love their cheap stuff... they are usually cheap why? cut corners, how can they make it soo cheap... But its still company and their quality control and the parts that they use meets certain standards then the chinese own standards :p yes very ruthless...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back