AKG repair - What..
Oct 23, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #16 of 48
ah, again, What.. i just overlooked my receipt and it says..

$85 for the stock cable- i gave them the stock cable back and cable was in great condition.
plus $10 shipping- i hand deliver the headphone and picked it up locally. what shipping charge!?!?

what is this!?!?

Oct 23, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #18 of 48
they said they are going to see and replace the necessary parts. plus, they said they are going to pay for the shipping. f-ck that. im not altogether too happy about saving 6-7 bucks over shipping now. ill just pay for my own shipping.

btw, the guy from customer service is quite nice. he email reply is almost as fast as on-time assistance.

they said i've charged because i damaged the headphone. what.. i only had less than 50hrs on them and left driver went bad..

im going to think twice before buying akg products now. it seems pretty clear to me that the warranty on their product is not always guaranteed.

Oct 23, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #19 of 48
how did the driver "go bad"?

Oct 23, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #21 of 48
I can see how they could think that was abuse. Could happen if your amp is malfunctioning (dc offset), or if you're overdriving them.

maybe they got your headphones confused with someone elses.

Oct 23, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #22 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rise To The Top /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you send them to Fitz? Why would you do such a thing, you know he doesnt like K701s...

Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i actually thought of Fitz right after the discovery :p

It is a good thing nobody knows I was on a business trip to AKG recently..

Oct 23, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #23 of 48
so is fitz a MOT now?
wink.gif

Oct 23, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #25 of 48
It certainly should pique the interest of AKG. IHMO, just a few threads like this can do serious damage to a company's reputation on here, especially considering how many views this board gets.

Oct 24, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #27 of 48
Everything seems to point to these not being your headphones. Are there any marks / tiny blemishes that you remember being on the headphones, so that you could gain some sense of whether they're your original pair?

Oct 24, 2007 at 9:34 AM Post #29 of 48
OK you should really complain here and contest the charges. they were within warranty, so find the warranty information then quote parts of it in your next reply. demanding a refund and that your thoroughly dissatisfied.

And get the delivery funds back too, as they will not be able to prove postage if you went and picked them up yourself.

Oct 24, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #30 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i had my 701 sent in for a repair and it came back to me cosmetically damaged.

Who sent them? Who did you hand deliver them to and pick up from? Sounds like there might be a middle man who messed things up for you? (Not that I don't think AKG USA/Harman Int'l has their head up their bum.) I also don't understand how they had your credit card info in the first place to be able to charge you $85....

I believe you've been wronged, but perhaps you could describe the whole process in detail for us?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back