AKG repair - What..
Oct 23, 2007 at 1:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

cantsleep

Headphoneus Supremus
i had my 701 sent in for a repair and it came back to me cosmetically damaged. what the... iron grille is severely damaged on left side and one on the right side is missing. another thing is that plastic parts on both cups have some damaged as if it had been pulled by a wrench or something..

since it has been less than 6months, i thought it would be covered by warranty. but no, i had to pay a little less than $100 for a repair.

what is this
mad.gif

Oct 23, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #5 of 48
they treated it like a piece of meat.

when you sent it in, did you mention that it was under warranty or maybe you have to show proof of purchase (receipt or something) to avoid charges.

either way, that is crap customer service. you should complain. can't hurt.

Oct 23, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #7 of 48
Yikes. That is some customer service. Call them up to complain and ask for replacement pair. That is a terrible repair job.

Oct 23, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #8 of 48
You should demand a refund and a replacement pair (or fix what they screwed up).

Oct 23, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #10 of 48
wait. one side is missing the grill entirely. What. how could they possibly send it out like that.
confused.gif

so they charged you $100 to destroy your headphones. i must be missing something.
blink.gif

this is almost unbelievable. i mean, they look completely ruined.

Oct 23, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #11 of 48
Did you send them to Fitz? Why would you do such a thing, you know he doesnt like K701s...

Oct 23, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #14 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rise To The Top /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you send them to Fitz? Why would you do such a thing, you know he doesnt like K701s...

i actually thought of Fitz right after the discovery :p

Oct 23, 2007 at 5:01 AM Post #15 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i actually thought of Fitz right after the discovery :p

Haha! Well idk, is something that noticeable defined as a discovery?
tongue.gif

Anywho, back on topic. My K701 suffered that kind of damage (deep gouges in one side of the cup), but I still managed to sell them on Head-Fi, albeit a slightly lower price than other pristine K701s being sold at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back