AKG Q701 for a Clavinova CVP-403 .. does it work ?
Sep 24, 2014 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Viccha

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I want to buy a new headphone for my digital piano Clavinova CVP-403 (I'm now using a AKG K141 Studio) but I'm not sure that my piano can power the AKG Q701 ...

I don't want to use a headphone amp and ... I need your help.

Thanks.

Viccha 

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #2 of 13
  Hi,

I want to buy a new headphone for my digital piano Clavinova CVP-403 (I'm now using a AKG K141 Studio) but I'm not sure that my piano can power the AKG Q701 ...

Thanks.

Viccha 

Its a 65 ohm headphone the piano should have an issue powering it. 

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #7 of 13
  Hi,

Thanks.

Viccha 

I did an experiment based on your question...

I plugged my (lime green) AKG Q701s into one of the (two) headphone jacks of my Yamaha Clavinova CLP-820.  I turned the volume full up.  I began playing the piano solo beginning of Beethoven's "Choral Fantasy."

The sound was so true and realistic that I actually had to take the headphones OFF to convince myself that it was coming from the headphones, not from the Clavinova speakers.

It was indeed coming from the headphones, with (to me at least) sound quality FAR SUPERIOR to that of the speakers.

However, for the AKG-Q701s, the volume with the Clavinova volume control at full high position was similar to what I got with speakers and the volume control at the 40% - 50% of full position.

So a bit softer, but certainly loud enough not only for practice, but for some losing yourself in your (own) music.  A glance at your Clavinova model shows it to have more knobs than mine, so it probably cost more and has more power... even better for AKG-Q701 headphones.

Hence, in my opinion... no amp needed.

Hope this helps.

Sep 25, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #8 of 13

I did an experiment based on your question...

I plugged my (lime green) AKG Q701s into one of the (two) headphone jacks of my Yamaha Clavinova CLP-820.  I turned the volume full up.  I began playing the piano solo beginning of Beethoven's "Choral Fantasy."

The sound was so true and realistic that I actually had to take the headphones OFF to convince myself that it was coming from the headphones, not from the Clavinova speakers.

It was indeed coming from the headphones, with (to me at least) sound quality FAR SUPERIOR to that of the speakers.

However, for the AKG-Q701s, the volume with the Clavinova volume control at full high position was similar to what I got with speakers and the volume control at the 40% - 50% of full position.

So a bit softer, but certainly loud enough not only for practice, but for some losing yourself in your (own) music.  A glance at your Clavinova model shows it to have more knobs than mine, so it probably cost more and has more power... even better for AKG-Q701 headphones.

Hence, in my opinion... no amp needed.

Hope this helps.

YUS Two people agreee! High fives all around! 

Oct 9, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #11 of 13
Hi,

I just received the Q701 today ... and it plays very nice.
Much better than my old AKG K141 Studio with more details and less bass.

An amp is absolutely not mandatory !

I'm very happy.

Cheers 

Oct 9, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #13 of 13
  Hi,

I just received the Q701 today ... and it plays very nice.
Much better than my old AKG K141 Studio with more details and less bass.

An amp is absolutely not mandatory !

I'm very happy.

Cheers 

Great!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back