AKG or Sennheiser?
Feb 3, 2009 at 6:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Beef Magnet

New Head-Fier
Hi Everybody, I need a little expert advice:

I have around $200 - $250 to spend on a new pair of headphones, and am looking at the Sennheiser HD 595's or possibly the AKG K 701's (The AKG's are a stretch of the budget, but I could do it if it's worth it).

I've listened to the HD 595's and like them, but have nowhere to try out the AKG's. My main concern with the Sennheisers is that I have a pretty big melon (My old HD-240 developed cracks in the headband after a few years of use and I'd hate that to happen to the 595's).

I know there are lots of great headphones in that price range, and I don't want to start a holy war, but if anybody had any advice for me, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Feb 3, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #2 of 8
Beyer Dynamic, Ultrasone's, Grado's, Audio Technica, Stax, Denon etc.

Feb 3, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #3 of 8
Depending on what kind of music you listen to the most. K701 is great for classical and new age w/ little bass. I don't have HD595, so no comment on it.

Feb 3, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

The HD595 can be loosened quite a bit by bending the metal part of the headband; so fit and comfort should not be a concern.

There's no metall in headband
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #7 of 8
Welcome to Head-Fi!
smile.gif

Tough choice. Depending on music taste the K701 may be it, or you may be better off checking out Sennheiser, Grado, ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back