AKG N40
Aug 7, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #92 of 311
thanks for the input, guys. let's see if any ha2 is available used in the eu.

btw i just had an eargasm. my myryad z40 just arrived, and it pairs perfectly with the n40.
Glad someone else likes the Myryad. Lovely amp and one of the best bargain at the moment

One great feature you may not aware of is the motorised volume control by remote control. A rare feature. My Marantz remote controls work perfectly but I'm sure others will too.

Aug 7, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #93 of 311
do you have any suggestions for a replacement cable? my only issue with the non-mic factory cable is the straight jack; i'd like to have an angled one.
Defintely check out the Penon cables, her good things and apparently quicker delivery than AE

Aug 31, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #98 of 311
It has been said before but I'll say it again, the N40 are NOT power hungry. They require a good source to reach their full potential

Sep 1, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #101 of 311
Thank you for confirming there will no issue to power up AKG N40 and I really like the jr warmish sound that creates really amazing tonality in comparison with FiiO X budget line

I think I agree with you. Both AK Jr and N40 are smooth (not much peaks all across) and warmish. Even-though I haven't tried both together, I think N40 and AK jr should be a very smooth combination if you like the smooth sound signature.

Sep 1, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #102 of 311
Thanks for the replies. I prefer smooth over going the opposite way, so will also look at the AK Jr. Or possibly the new X7 Mk2. I was considering the K3003i but I think the N40 might be better for running direct from a DAP.

Sep 1, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #103 of 311
Thanks for the replies. I prefer smooth over going the opposite way, so will also look at the AK Jr. Or possibly the new X7 Mk2. I was considering the K3003i but I think the N40 might be better for running direct from a DAP.

i feel k3003 is quite the opposite of n40, isn't very smooth sounding, analytical, a little peaky and quite brighter.

fiio x5 is quite smoothing but i heard a mk2 not the mk3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back