AKG N40
Jan 24, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #136 of 311
They don't require power, they require a high quality source. That source is fine, I have the 300R which is pretty much the same DAP.

Please take pics of filters. As stated above there is no orange filter. You may have a fake.
Here:
27292595_1230902600388095_663038629_n.jpg

There is a a local seller sell this for a really good price. Just for 250$. But there is no box. And they have 3 months guarantee too. Btw.. Did this IEM need to burn-in or not? Maybe i'm not adapted with this IEM signature yet so it feels strange? I'm soo confused :'(.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #137 of 311
I recently purchased an N40 and I also got it at a good price but from a new 3rd party amazon vendor. It should arrive tomorrow, but I am worried mine might be fake too. I'll post on here the colors of my filters when I get it.

Mar 8, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #138 of 311
I recently purchased an N40 and I also got it at a good price but from a new 3rd party amazon vendor. It should arrive tomorrow, but I am worried mine might be fake too. I'll post on here the colors of my filters when I get it.
I found out that my AKG is not fake. It's OEM goods. That's why they got those red rings. And after ~100h of burnin. It sound really great. If those fake one can beat RHA t20i and Noble Trident. Then those fake manufacture better start a new brand of their own :))

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #139 of 311
Well, I sold mine a few months ago to another member, for some reason I've been itching to hear them again and by chance he is happy for an even exchange of my B400 which I'm looking to sell so it worked out perfect. Should have these again next week.

Apr 17, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #140 of 311
Can anyone comment on the sub-bass/bass and mids on these? Looking to buy :)

Apr 17, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #141 of 311
Stellar. I forgot how much I love these. Just as satisfying as my Lyra II minus some resolution and bass quantity.

Apr 17, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #142 of 311
In my opinion they are a solid set of IEM's. Bass has enough presence but it is not overpowered. Highs are there but not that ear piercing kind of ****, just the way I like it. Cable is nice too.
I had the Brainwavz B400, Sennheiser IE 80s (old IE 80 died) and these on the shortlist. The reviews/soundsignature made me purchase the N40 and I don't regret my choice in any way.

Apr 17, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #144 of 311
Has anyone tried tip rolling with these? I generally like the fit and feel of complys, but wonder how it will change the sound.
I personally don't like Comply because they increase bass and kill clarity in the treble, esp with BA's. I will have to check what I use but I think they are actually some generic tips I got a while ago from Brainwavz or something. They work great for me though lol. KZ Stars and JVC Sprial Dots also work great on these, as they are my go to tips generally.

Apr 17, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #145 of 311
I personally don't like Comply because they increase bass and kill clarity in the treble, esp with BA's. I will have to check what I use but I think they are actually some generic tips I got a while ago from Brainwavz or something. They work great for me though lol. KZ Stars and JVC Sprial Dots also work great on these, as they are my go to tips generally.
Thanks. I'm actually still waiting for my N40s to arrive, so perhaps I'm thinking too far ahead. LOL! Probably best to try the stock tips first and see if I'm happy with them.

Apr 19, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #148 of 311
I wonder if someone may recommend the comprehensive review(s) of AKG N40 which compares it against non-mainstream ones like Campfire Lyra 2 and others?
Unfortunately due to my N40 having a cracked shell it needs to be returned tomorrow with a replacement sent to me. From memory, the Lyra II has more bass quantity, quality is about on par. I can't comment on the other features right now due to being somewhat similar BUT the Lyra 2 has more resolution overall giving a more detailed sound though the N40 is no slouch. The Lyra II can at times be just a tad sibilant on certain female vocals but the N40 is smoother and I don't have that issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back