AKG N20 iem
May 31, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #61 of 90
Guys I would like to ask why aren't these delightful IEM's not getting any hype when we got N90 Quincy Jones and N60 getting so much hype. Are they really that good? because if they were "good" im sure we would have seen them share the same hype as the N90Q and N60

May 31, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #62 of 90
Guys I would like to ask why aren't these delightful IEM's not getting any hype when we got N90 Quincy Jones and N60 getting so much hype. Are they really that good? because if they were "good" im sure we would have seen them share the same hype as the N90Q and N60
They don't come with an exotic pricetag,but a remoninated German mag , who did test 20 in ears have them on the nr1 spot, and the testing was very serious

May 31, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #63 of 90

Advertising and marketing? Maybe you'll find AKG at some stores, but every time I go to Best Buy, it's the same selection of Skullcandy, Sony, Beats, JBL, and entry-level earbuds and gym phones. Harman owns AKG and JBL, among others, but JBL seems to get the push at retail. As an Android owner and someone who swears by a remote, I'm glad they're highly regarded, but I'm having a hard time convincing myself to replace my fairly new Momentum in-ears.

May 31, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #64 of 90
@DDDYKI I haven't really gave the momentums a try but from what Iv heard they superb. I actually had a choice between the N20 and the momentum and i don't regret anything because I really love my N20's. Iv had them for 3 months now and they really great. I'm not an audiophile or anything but they really sound great especially compared to my Urbeats by Dre. I don't know how they really stand compared to the real giants. Anyways i understand you when you say they not getting any hype because of the lack of advertising and marketing. AKG should of really pushed this product real hard because the N60 & N90Q are doing real good.

May 31, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #65 of 90
I went with the Momentum for the 2-year warranty. Also didn't hurt that I had an Amazon GC so they only cost me $20. My only complaint is that the cord is too long, it easily gets tangled up in something or someone (like myself). Cord noise is also a problem but it's not unique to that model. I really like the look of the N20s so I wouldn't rule them out of my future.

Jun 1, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #67 of 90
If you would like more bass try different eartips (not the ones that came with the product) I have a pair of Urbeats by Dre so I usually take the eartips off them then I plug them on to my N20's. It really makes a huge difference. The bass really kicks in. Like I was also quiet disappointed by the bass when I gave my N20's a first listen so that's how I came to the conclusion of switching my eartips. It worked really well. Anyways now I'm tired of the bass, I'm using the original eartips that came with it in the box and they sound terrific. I like the way it's so well balanced. Iv had them for three months now so I'm sure they've burnt in pretty much well and they sound is terrific better then the first time I bought them with the original eartips.

Jul 21, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #69 of 90
Hi guys
I missed the opportunity to buy these at a local shop in Bangladesh for less than $100. They were on sale, mostly because no one was interested in buying them. The shop also had N20u. I was wondering; are there any differences between N20 and N20U? Also has anyone been able to figure out what drivers these beauties use?

Jul 21, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #70 of 90
the N20U is a universal smartphone model. It has a switch on the back that makes it compatible with either iPhone or Android with volume controls and standard stop, skip middle button. It actually works too at least with most android devices. in my case it worked fine with my LG G4 phone plus my Ipad Mini 2. The N20 model is just a straight 3.5mm jack.

Jul 22, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #72 of 90
These are just a dynamic driver made by AKG versus a BA based driver made by Knowles or a company like that. Looking at their site there is not much information about the driver in regards to it's size. They simply state that it is 12-20KHz. I can tell you the sound is very typical AKG type signature. The bass is present but tight, the mids have a bit of an upper midrange tilt, and treble is clear and slightly bright without being harsh. It is actually a very nice sounding IEM especially for the AKG lover.

Nov 26, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #74 of 90
Isolation is only average.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back