AKG N20 iem
Apr 24, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #46 of 90
You loop the cable behind your ear then insert into your ear. The loop removes cable noise by touching your ear and increases stability because the cable is not pulling on the IEM.

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #47 of 90
I finally figured out what double flange tips I've been using on the N20- RHA large double flange. These are great on the N20. They allow me to get just the slightest bit looser seal than stock tips, due to their really short stem. The slightly looser seal allows me to drop bass quantity just a little to get a slightly more neutral overall response. At any rate, still loving the upper mid and treble presentation. Really engaging for rock music.

Apr 26, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #49 of 90
Let me confirm the Sony hybrids don't change the sound. But I can confirm they are a bit more comfortable.

Apr 27, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #50 of 90
Tested the Sony hybrid today. The environment wasn't great but I tried them anyway. In my test I found the Sony to not change the signature in the treble region which is where Sony tips usually affect an IEM's signature. I think this is due to a bit wider nozzle and how far down the stem the tip goes (I pulled the tip all the way down past the ridge at the base of the stem) which minimized the narrow bore of the tip.

Wayyyyy more comfortable. The N20 is not bad comfort wise but goes to a new level with Sony tips. Isolation also improved as the seal was better for me too. Only negative would be if your like Shotgunshane and prefer a looser seal to create less bass impact.

Apr 28, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #51 of 90
The n20 is great iem. I'd like to see AKG offer a slighter higher end version with higher quality finishes and maybe a dynamic manufactured with a more rigid material for quicker speed. In lieu of that, I'll just keep happily rocking to the n20 as is.

Apr 30, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #53 of 90
I bought a package of EPEX10A from the Sony Store in Canada which are now shut down. Looking online these appear to discontinued by Sony so you might have to shop around to find original tips. There are a ton of fakes on Enay but I am not sure which ones are good quality unfortunately. You might actually be able to get a full set by buying some of the cheaper Sony buds that came with them. Something like the MDREX10LP would get you small medium and large.

May 4, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #54 of 90
I just bought these online from Crutchfield.com and I am waiting for them to ship to me here in AFG.  I ony remember hearing them once in an airport store in Washington DC, and I have been kicking myself for not picking them up on the spot.

I am surprised there is not more information about them on this site...

May 5, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #56 of 90
If the BW version 2 has any similarity to the older version I think the Focal Sphear may be closer in signature as it has a slightly warm or more neutral midrange. The N20 definitely has an accented upper midrange.

May 7, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #57 of 90
I am still looking forward to getting them and putting them through their paces.  Do they need to be burned in at all?  

Also,, has anyone used any comply tips with these? I need large tips to get a good seal in my ear for bass response. Any recommendations?  

May 7, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #58 of 90
Sorry I have not tried any comply tips. If I have time later in the week I will give some a try.

The bottom line is the N20 and Sphear both sound extremely good so you can't really go wrong.

May 8, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #60 of 90
Aside from the bass settling down over the first day or two I haven't heard much other change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back