AKG K7xx International Forwarding Service
Mar 13, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #61 of 71
TheVortex thank u for ur kind words. sorry abt the customs fee. :frowning2: 30.20pounds is much more reasonable than the other customs prices that were quoted & is a lot closer in line with the expected 20% sales tax that the UK has. glad that information was helpful with getting your customs fees down. really happy you hadda good experience & are greatly enjoying ur new headphones!! :)

URGENT NOTE TO OTHER UK BUYERS: please contact me via PM if ur customs fee seems unreasonable high!! i may be able to help you out.

cheers!

Mar 16, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #62 of 71
This is my first post on head-fi! It's funny because i probably wouldn't have registered if weren't for the amazing user money4me247 that made this service possible. I picked up my headphones today and I'm truly amazed on how smooth the whole process has been. money4me247 kept me updated on every major step in the process and since he didn't take out any payment for himself I'm truly amazed of his dedication in helping others for the community and not for the sake of money. Big ups man, hope that you manage to keep the service going in the future!

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #63 of 71
  This is my first post on head-fi! It's funny because i probably wouldn't have registered if weren't for the amazing user money4me247 that made this service possible. I picked up my headphones today and I'm truly amazed on how smooth the whole process has been. money4me247 kept me updated on every major step in the process and since he didn't take out any payment for himself I'm truly amazed of his dedication in helping others for the community and not for the sake of money. Big ups man, hope that you manage to keep the service going in the future!

thank you for your kind words & i am glad you are enjoying your new headphones!

welcome to the head-fi community & i hope you stay!! there is a lot of valuable information around here & it is fun to peruse the forums. a lot of subjective & personal opinions as well, so always take with a grain of salt until you get a chance to try to test things out yourself.

cheers!! :)

Mar 18, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #64 of 71
My first post here as well. I registered for this forwarding only but who knows, I've been enjoying reading the "Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II" thread. Other than that I am here to request the mods to let money4me247 keep doing these sort of things as his service was completely ******* outstanding and out of this world. 

He went took the time to take extra trips (walks? I don't know how close it is) to his post office to ask some of my questions about the shipment. He checked the headphones for rattle issues and AB checked with his personal one to make sure it was the way it was supposed to be. This check was done with incredible care as I honest to god would never in a billion years have realized the package had been opened if I didn't know in beforehand, it was closed and sealed perfectly. Even the plastic around the cables was intact as he had used his own to avoid breaking the sealing around mine. He provided me with a picture of the  USPS receipt and a picture of the package (no I did not have to ask, he just did it) . Everything throughout the entire process was very professional including the notes which he kept regarding the addresses, if we (the people having it forwarded to us) wanted rattle checks etc and checked multiple times to make sure it was all correct.

I am 100% sure that I am forgetting something as he did freaking everything ever possible. But I do have one complaint, he wasn't as fond of House of cards as he should be. 

P.S He did NOT request this high praise, or any kind of feedback at all, it was done because I asked him what I could do to show my appreciation of this ABSURD service (I asked AFTER the package had arrived at my local post office so he has not altered his service in any way to get this review better (or done at all)). 

Also I apologize for screwed up English and grammar throughout the text as it's not my first language.

Mar 19, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #65 of 71
Just posting to say thanks for Mr 24/7, handling an NZ side package and honestly (without sounding like a massive shill for him), honestly went beyond my expectations for a random stranger. 
If I received this kind of treatment from a reputable RETAILER, I would be stoked. Setting the bar for everyone. Just be careful with the next US only group buy lol, I don't even want to know how many people you ended up acting proxy for.

Cheers,
Chris.

Mar 22, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #66 of 71
I thought posting my own feedback here.Since my English sucks i kept it short so i wont embarrass myself here :)
lm happy and satisfied with overall handling of the package ..service here is top notch.. Thumbs up for such a good service.Thanks again money4me247 that make it possible for me to enjoy it.

Mar 23, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #67 of 71
Just phoned the depot who have my parcel and despite telling them about how I don't have to pay the handing fee, they are refusing to budge. I might have to go down there in person and speak to a manager. 

Mar 26, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #68 of 71
Well finally got my headphones yesterday.

Big thanks to money4me247 for arranging all this and taking the time to not only test them for rattles (still no idea idea how you managed to get into the box though haha!) but to also answer my questions before and after they were posted to me. Without such a kind offer from Dennis, non-US based people like me wouldn't have been able to participate in the drop.  

He didn't have to do what he did, but like many others I'm very grateful he did. 

Thanks

David

Mar 29, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #69 of 71
I purchased a pair of AKG K7XX headphones from Massdrop and asked Dennis  (money4me247) to forward them to me in Australia.

Here are my observations:

1. Dennis' communication was always detailed and prompt
2. Postage pricing was transparent, honest and fair
3. The headphones were forwarded to me without delay in outstanding condition, packaging and all
4. Dennis checked the headphones for issues that may have required their return
5. He charged absolutely nothing for his time and the risk
6. Courteous and friendly in all his dealings

Would I recommend this service to future headfiers?  Absolutely!  There are many products that are either unavailable in Australia or exorbitantly priced.  This is a much need service to those headfiers whose only crime is not to live in US.  In fact, I think he should be charging us.

Thank you Dennis

Nathan

Apr 8, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #70 of 71
I didn't have time in the previous days to write a detailed opinion on Dennis' service but now I do so here it is. 

To be honest the first time I saw a person with a username "Money4Me" offering his service to "forward" a pair of 199$ headphones to me I thought it was a scam. So I started searching for ways to do it myself but I soon run into trouble and having little time in my hands I decided to talk to Dennis and figure out if indeed his offer was suspicious. 

From the first few messages we exchanged it became clear to me that he was indeed offering a forwarding service for free. Thus, I asked him to forward my pair here in Greece. 
All communication with Dennis was detailed but also straight to the point. He answered all my questions and presented my all the options I had when it came to shipping the package. 

When it came to the actual shipping process Dennis sent me pictures from both the headphones package (when he received it) and also the postage receipt. 

What made this service even more amazing is that he offered to check any headphones for rattle issues and damn did he do a good job opening that package and checking my headphones. I actually thought that he forgot to check them.  

And last but not least I had to pay no taxes when the headphones arrived here (god I am glad for that, according to experience the taxes would have been over 100$ if they were applied)!

A little summary for the lazy readers: Dennis' service was amazing on all aspects. He was honest, very willing and he also checked for issues on the headphones for free. There's nothing really I can complain about so I recommend this service to any future headfiers. 

- Excuse any syntax errors and the sorts on the above message, it's been a bit hard for me today to concentrate- 

Thank you Dennis for your service 

Anton Dan

May 13, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #71 of 71
I just want to express my gratitude for the kinds words and patience everyone who participated in this service showed. hope you all are enjoying the k7xx as much as I am.

I saw that there was an international shipping offered during the most recent drop for the the remaining 200 units of the first edition akg k7xx on 5/11/15, so I don't think this sort of service will be required in the future. for anyone international who needs help, feel free to contact me via private PM.

I also recently posted my review of the K7xx here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/akg-k7xx/reviews/13116. I put a lot of effort into it, so hope you guys enjoy reading it! :) have a great day & cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back