AKG K7xx International Forwarding Service
Mar 9, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #46 of 71
Update for the people still waiting for the customs clearance in the UK, the delivery is being handled by parcelforce :frowning2: . On the receipt there should be another code which consists of 2 letters, 9 numbers and 2 letters and that can be inputted on the track your parcel section of the parcelforce website.

Mar 9, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #47 of 71
  Update for the people still waiting for the customs clearance in the UK, the delivery is being handled by parcelforce :frowning2: . On the receipt there should be another code which consists of 2 letters, 9 numbers and 2 letters and that can be inputted on the track your parcel section of the parcelforce website.

Well spotted. Last update on mine is "Awaiting Customs Charging".

Mar 10, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #48 of 71
Such a good end to a ****ty day at work! My K7XX just arrived here in New Zealand. I used the cheaper $26 shipping, no tracking, no signature option.

Been wearing them for 15-20 minutes now, listening to a variety of tracks... DAT TREBLE! I didn't know a whole bunch of my music had these highs. This is coming from DT770, AD900X and HD600's! Check out this spotify playlist: Ear Candy: Headphone Tracks

Experience dealing with money4me247:

Every step of the way money4me247 was professional, polite, maybe even borderline obsessive with making sure every detail was correct (this is positive IMO!). Once the item arrived, he let me know everything would be ready to proceed once checked for rattle. Once checked, he sent me message with his paypal details and I sent through the shipping money. Within 10 hours he came back with a shipping confirmation, with a real photo of the receipt and box addressed to me. I generally dont even expect this level of attention to detail and care on ebay!

They arrived in perfect condition. I cannot for the life of me even figure out how money4me247 even opened the box without damaging anything, it looks unopened! I basically wrecked the bottom of the box opening it I was so excited haha.

It takes a certain kind of person to push forward with a difficult situation and I am glad money4me247 fought for everyone who took up his offer and got the moderators to agree to re-open the thread. Without his dedication to me and the others, I wouldn't be wearing my shiney new headphones today.

Seriously can't thank money4me247 enough for doing this, cheers dude you have made my day!

TLDR; 10/10 would happily deal with money4me247 again in a heart beat.

Mar 10, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #49 of 71
Been listening to these some more, I was worried they would be took much like my Sennheiser HD600's but they are a different beast all together. They sound so much more open than the HD600, something that I really missed when I first got them after using the AD900X for so long. The HD600 has such a full sound, but IMO sounds much closer to a closed back set of headphones than the K7XX and the AD900X. The K7XX sounds nice a full and also has a huge wide sound.

I think I am in love

Mar 10, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #51 of 71

Hopefully not too much to pay...  guess this is the risk you take with importing high value items!

hey Protocol,

Please let me know if there is something I can do. I checked my master list and your item was declared at full retail value of $199.99, so beyond the customs charges that we already calculated together, there should not be any additional fees. Please let me know what turns out happening & I will see what I can do for you on my end.

Cheers!

Mar 10, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #52 of 71
  Been listening to these some more, I was worried they would be took much like my Sennheiser HD600's but they are a different beast all together. They sound so much more open than the HD600, something that I really missed when I first got them after using the AD900X for so long. The HD600 has such a full sound, but IMO sounds much closer to a closed back set of headphones than the K7XX and the AD900X. The K7XX sounds nice a full and also has a huge wide sound.

I think I am in love

glad to hear that you are enjoying your headphones!!!! :) I love my k7xx as well

Mar 10, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #53 of 71
  hey Protocol,

Please let me know if there is something I can do. I checked my master list and your item was declared at full retail value of $199.99, so beyond the customs charges that we already calculated together, there should not be any additional fees. Please let me know what turns out happening & I will see what I can do for you on my end.

Cheers!

Will do. It might just be standard procedure to put that on the tracking info. Guess I'll find out for sure in a day or two. 

Mar 11, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #54 of 71
Quick update from me, the status of my package is that it has been received at the delivery depot, not sure on the status of protocol's package as his was at the "revised charges to be paid" stage earlier than mine. The depot is only around 15 miles from my home and it just off my work commute so not a problem either way if no one is at home or if I have to collect it myself.

Mar 12, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #55 of 71
  Quick update from me, the status of my package is that it has been received at the delivery depot, not sure on the status of protocol's package as his was at the "revised charges to be paid" stage earlier than mine. The depot is only around 15 miles from my home and it just off my work commute so not a problem either way if no one is at home or if I have to collect it myself.

Mine's at delivery depot too but with "Awaiting payment of charges" as last update.

Mar 12, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #56 of 71
Had a letter through post from Parcelforce today... been charged £47 ($69) in custom fees... ouch 
frown.gif

Mar 12, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #58 of 71
  Had a letter through post from Parcelforce today... been charged £47 ($69) in custom fees... ouch 
frown.gif

urgent!!! that does not seem accurate at all. please check your PM

Mar 13, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #60 of 71
I have finally my headphone wahey!!! My custom charges totalled £43.70, when I got to the depot and mentioned the "info" about the clearance fee , I got it down to £30.20 so didn't have to pay the clearance fee of £13.50.

My experience with dealing with money4me247

He was very informative every step of the way from the initial ordering on massdrop to the present day and any information I requested / needed he sent straight away, the only delays were only due to the time difference. After he shipped them out at his local post office he sent me pictures of the box and all receipts immediately.

When I opened the package earlier , he did a great job of re-packaging the headphones as it was hard to tell that they were unopened and tested for the sonic issues that some of the AKG K7xx's can suffer with.

The moderators should welcome his package forwarding as without him I wouldn't have the delight of listening to these great headphone.

Now the headphones, I really wanted to test them with my 02 / odac but they only got shipped out today so I can only do it with my fiio e10k, the first I noticed is just how clear and detailed the sound is and the 3db improvement is very welcomed. I tested the k7xx's with some youtube footage, a few flac's I have and some movies with DTS audio and it sounds great, definitely worth the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back