AKG K702 enquiry (for those who have used this cans)
May 8, 2012 at 3:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I wanna ask something..
Recently, I feel that my AKG K702 sounds different..

The left side sounds more bassy..
However, the right side is concentrated more on highs..
I just noticed it a week ago..

is this can  broken or is it normal for this can in order to build the soundstage?

Thanks in advance!

May 8, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:
It sounds like you're listening to a 1960's era Duophonic record.

How long have you had them?  Did something happen to them?

I think around 6 months.. nothing happens i think.. I just plugged it in headphone amp..
The clarity is still there if u put on both sides..
Do you know any soundtrack (for benchmark) that has equal balance on right/left side? It may help me to confirm it..

May 8, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

I think around 6 months.. nothing happens i think.. I just plugged it in headphone amp..
The clarity is still there if u put on both sides..
Do you know any soundtrack (for benchmark) that has equal balance on right/left side? It may help me to confirm it..

Any mono recording should work.

Could it be your headphone amp?

May 8, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Any mono recording should work.

Could it be your headphone amp?

Agreed, any mono recording.   If you turn it up, is there any rattling or anything going on?

You may want to pop the pads off and make sure there's no hair or dirt or anything on the driver. 

May 22, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
Well, yes there is sound of rattle if I turn the volume up/down.. is this the sign that it is broken?

That is a possibility.   Make sure the recording you're listening to sounds clean on another speaker/headphone.  Is the rattling only on one side? Also, remove the pad and make sure there is no hair that is against the driver or protruding through the fabric between your ear and the driver.   If hair is touching the diaphragm that can also cause buzzing/rattling.  Otherwise, it could be damaged and should be sent for warranty service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back