AKG k701 vs Sennheiser HD650
May 30, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #34 of 39
The headphone diaphragms move in response to a positive electrical signal when they should be moving out, and move out when they should be moving in when they receive a negative electrical signal.  If they were speakers it would be as if the red and black wires were reversed at the rear of both the left and right channel speaker.  You may go to my website for more information about polarity and on the homepage click on the think piece about polarity and "The List".

Best regards,

George S. Louis, CEO
Digital Systems & Solutions

May 30, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #36 of 39

Quote:
First of all I don't listen to the rock music. I have a lot of friends who adore this music but personally, I hate it. My favourites artists are Helena Paparizou, Nelly Furtado and Robbie Williams, but I must say that I listen to varied kinds of music, like trance house, dance.
I prefer a soft sound, something relaxing, something to listen after a day at work. Also I'm not a fan of a strong full bass. I don't have an amp, and i've read that the k701 model isn't so dependent to the amp, like Senn HD650 is. This is good because a good amp is expensive and it will raise the price.
I've never had good headphones and I must say that I'm tired of this situation and I want to change it. In my city there isn't a music store where I could listen to high quality headphones...
Even my friends told me that I'm crazy, when they heard what I intend to do.
So please help me...

The K701 definitely needs an amp, as does the HD650, you don't need a great, expensive amp, a $100ish or even cheaper amp will do the trick but you will get better results as you scale up the price ladder, for diminishing returns.

The K701 sounds like a better match for you.

Apr 30, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #37 of 39
Recently sold the HD650s and bought the K702 (same as 701 but with detachable cable). Best thing I ever did. 702s have great mids and are very neutral across the board. Sennheisers are bass heavy, sluggish, and have recessed mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back