AKG K701 vs Sennheiser HD650
Jan 30, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #2 of 53
It depends on what kind of music you favorite, for me, I have both.

Jan 30, 2008 at 3:03 PM Post #3 of 53
I think you are making a mistake putting that question...those are diferent worlds! It depends of your personal taste in sound.
Why don't you listen bought cans (AKG and Sennheiser) and build an opinion? The Sennh's are easier to feed properly with almost any amp, AKG are not like that...
AKG have the most wonderfull mids and soundstage. Sennh's are a bit dark...
Diferent worlds...
frown.gif

Jan 30, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #6 of 53
I listen to a wide range of music, but will also be using these for games. As for there being hundreds of threads... this is the thread now and peoples opions might have changed from before, or they may have a better insight into which is an overall well rounded headphone.

Anyways keep the opoions comming, it sems the decision is split 50/50 at the moment

Jan 30, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #7 of 53
I own both and like both the same, although they're quite different. If the poll would allow multiple choice, I'd vote for both.

The only way to really know which of the two suits you better is to buy both (preferrably used), listen to them for a few weeks and then decide to keep both...
wink.gif

Jan 30, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #8 of 53
They are both fantastic in their own right - depending on what you're looking for. I think the only logical solution is to get both!
biggrin.gif

If you're looking for "overall well rounded" cans, you may also want to consider the HD-600...

Jan 30, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #11 of 53
I like the HD650 more.
But you might prefer differently. Depending which sound signature you like, and your musical taste.

Jan 30, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #15 of 53
I tried both and prefered the HD650. I thought the K701 sounded a bit flat and laid back in comparison, but thats just my ears.

If possible you should find a dealer that has both so you can try for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back