AKG K701 & Trends Audio PA10
Apr 21, 2011 at 5:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

d1554573r

New Head-Fier
Greetings Headfiers,

I need an advice regarding my setup, heres how it looks:

I use foobar with asio plugin with trends audio ud-10 dac as a source, like title says i also use their pre-amp/headphone amp Pa 10
with RFT ECC82 tube (i also ordered Electro Harmonix 12au7 recently) and heres my problem:

I got a feeling that sound stage is smaller then it should be (especially with k701), midbass sometimes isn't driven properly depending on track (maybe those are record mastering issues? also some ppl claimed that this is specific to k701 but i dunno personally) and sound resolution could be better i guess.

I have to admit they play nice with this setup, really nice way better then with the stock trends chinese made tube, and other sub 500$ amps i tried, but still i cant say im 100% happy with the result this setup produces.

About cables i use Techlink 680131 1m cable x2.

I would like all possible suggestions on how to further improve the sound of my setup, I even though about buying another headphones or another amp, or maybe a good tube would make me happy but im a newbie in terms of tubes so its kinda hard for me to pick one.

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back