akg k701 rewire options/opinions
Apr 24, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #46 of 51
The analogy was intentionally provocative. Tongue in cheek.
It elicited your emotional reaction, much like cables do. Sure, good cables change the sonic envelope to a degree, and when they are highly touted and expensive, and the purchaser paid a logically questionable amount of money for them, emotional justification comes heavily into play.

Motor heads will tell you that hot alloy wheels really do enhance the performance of their vehicles, whether they own a Civic or a Porsche.

Apr 24, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #47 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethebull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The analogy was intentionally provocative. Tongue in cheek.
It elicited your emotional reaction, much like cables do. Sure, good cables change the sonic envelope to a degree, and when they are highly touted and expensive, and the purchaser paid a logically questionable amount of money for them, emotional justification comes heavily into play.

Motor heads will tell you that hot alloy wheels really do enhance the performance of their vehicles, whether they own a Civic or a Porsche.

Duly noted.

Apr 25, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #48 of 51
well perhaps i've gone off my rocker. but i just sent off payment to brad at RAL and look forward to hearing the results. Perhaps some would think it's throwing money away, but hey, money comes from trees and flax and they'll keep coming back for awhile. I recently hooked up a my USB/DAC using a set of interconnects that retail for 'round $930.00 and i have to say they've kept me from getting several errands done, they're seemingly quite lovely. If the work of RAL can keep me from getting more work done then it'll be money well spent.

thanks for all the input.

Apr 25, 2008 at 12:13 PM Post #49 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by klb2122 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well perhaps i've gone off my rocker. but i just sent off payment to brad at RAL and look forward to hearing the results. Perhaps some would think it's throwing money away, but hey, money comes from trees and flax and they'll keep coming back for awhile. I recently hooked up a my USB/DAC using a set of interconnects that retail for 'round $930.00 and i have to say they've kept me from getting several errands done, they're seemingly quite lovely. If the work of RAL can keep me from getting more work done then it'll be money well spent.

thanks for all the input.

Maybe you're a bit more off your rocker than most of us . . . : )

Please keep this forum posted with your RAL experience. Brad has always treated me fairly, and delivered the best after-market cable products. : )

Apr 25, 2008 at 12:46 PM Post #50 of 51
well that may be true.

along with the recable brad offered a deal on an extension cable and that will always be around for when i pick-up more headphones, been waiting for an opportunity to grab hold of some grados... so we'll see.
i'm sending them sometime in the next couple of days and he said he'd be able to send them back my way within three days of the their arrival so shouldnt be too long before i'm able to post initial impressions.
looking forward to it. Of course i'm still waiting on my GS-1 from headamp so first impressions will be from my main system amp, which ain't bad, but, i'll have to update when the GS-1 arrives.

May 5, 2008 at 12:32 PM Post #51 of 51
May the 1st. Labour day 2008.... That was the day I sent in my money and order to Brad for a Senn cable. He said 2 weeks.... so I'm waiting....with fingers crossed....

If he comes thru may well get another cable or two.... pc, ic....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back