AKG K701 Bass Extension
Feb 26, 2006 at 5:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Outono Noite

New Head-Fier
I understand there are numerous threads regarding these cans, but after reading them over and over, I seem to be a bit in the dark about the K701's bass extension. I wish I had the option of trying these out, but due to my location, I think it is pretty much impossible and I need the opinions of others to help me out.

I know the HD650's bass extension is awesome, but I want to know how these cans compare to a broken in AKG K701. I predominantly listen to electronica, downtempo, etc... (Ulrich Schnauss, M83, Air, Halloween Alaska, Goldfrapp, De-Phazz) and I need a pair of headphones that will be able to hit the low frequencies and handle the punch that some of the bass in these songs provide. Will the AKG do that?

Feb 26, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Outono Noite
Will the AKG do that?

In short: A strong «yes». The K 701 is awesome with electronica and the like (Goldfrapp), and lowest frequencies are its favorite dish.

Feb 26, 2006 at 6:01 PM Post #3 of 7
The K701, to my ears, has less mid-bass punch than the stock 650's. But it does reach very deep and provides good foundation and conveys the rhythm well. I think it will do an adequate job with your music.

Mar 1, 2006 at 10:34 AM Post #4 of 7
Yesterday my K701 is arrived at home.
smily_headphones1.gif

The first thing I've tested was the bass, having read many opposite things about that.
And the bass is wonderful: tuneful, punchy, without mid-bass hump and very very deep.

bye
Andrew

Mar 1, 2006 at 1:42 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by amartignano
Yesterday my K701 is arrived at home.
smily_headphones1.gif

Finally! Congrats, Andrea!
basshead.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 1:53 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ
Finally! Congrats, Andrea!
basshead.gif

Yup!
k701smile9ga.gif
k701smile9ga.gif
k701smile9ga.gif

One of the best buying of mine ever.
smily_headphones1.gif

Andrew

Mar 1, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #7 of 7
Dang might be looking at AKG for my next set instead of revisiting Senn 600...
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back