AKG K550 vs UE 6000
Mar 13, 2013 at 1:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

stfchampagne

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone!
I just bought a pair of AKG K550 that I may be soon returning / selling and I wanted to know what are your opinion about the UE 6000 that may be the new set I would buy? I read and listened to Tyll review of them on innerfidelity and he seemed really impress by them, even saying that they are better headphones than the AKG K550.

Anybody have both or did compare them?

Thanks a lot!

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #2 of 7
I owned the K550 and auditioned the UE6000 a couple different times. Both are very good headphones and some of the best under $300. I would characterize the UE6000 as a darker and bassier headphone, more geared towards mainstream music. The K550 is brighter and probably better suited for classical, jazz and the like. The UE6000 is also much more portable friendly, if that's important to you. Both are very comfortable.

That said, if I was looking for a good do-it-all headphone, I would choose the UE6000.

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #3 of 7
I have auditioned both and have a few words to say.
Tyll's opinions are simply his opinions; although a respectable one at that, you have your own unique tastes and preferences.
To my ears, the UE6000's were good, but slightly muddled. But I prefer slightly brighter headphones.

I would only return the K550's if you intend to have some portability, in which case the UE 6000's will no doubt be a winner.
Otherwise, audition the UE6000's at Best Buy and see if they are to your tastes

Mar 13, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
I have auditioned both and have a few words to say.
Tyll's opinions are simply his opinions; although a respectable one at that, you have your own unique tastes and preferences.
To my ears, the UE6000's were good, but slightly muddled. But I prefer slightly brighter headphones.

I would only return the K550's if you intend to have some portability, in which case the UE 6000's will no doubt be a winner.
Otherwise, audition the UE6000's at Best Buy and see if they are to your tastes

+1

Do go listen to the UE6000's first if you can.  

Are you returning them due to lack of bass?  Or is comfort, portability, etc. more of an issue?   Just curious about this... 

Mar 13, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #5 of 7
Motstly lack of bass... But after a longer session yesterday they are growing on me. I will go to Apple Store to listen to the ue 6000 tomorrow.

I may be selling the k550 around 180$ on eBay if I like the ue 6000 more!
+1

Do go listen to the UE6000's first if you can.  

Are you returning them due to lack of bass?  Or is comfort, portability, etc. more of an issue?   Just curious about this... 

Mar 13, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #6 of 7
Hey!

Both are from different family. K550 is more neutral while the UE6000 offer v-shape sound with added active NC. Depends on what you like. Both are very very clean sounding. Minimum sibilants although I find the K550 cleaner sound. :)

hope this help!
Billson 

Mar 13, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #7 of 7
Ue6000 are not v shaped at all (active makes a bit of a v). They are a pretty easy to listen to, forgiving can. I really considered these but wished for a bit more sub bass. (still looking for a warm can with lots of sub bass).

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/LogitechUE6000passive.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back