AKG K545 vs NAD VISO HP50
Feb 27, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #46 of 55
It gives the bass more impact, more depth and a less forward sound with a lttile less highs

Pandoras arrived today man and I'm very very impressed. 

This is how I thought the HP50 was going to sound.

I've been growing quite fond of the 545 and was pretty sad to a/b it with the pandora caus it got its ass kicked.

No comfort issues thus far but I aint gonna be waking about the streets with them on.

Feb 27, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #48 of 55
No reason to apologize, the Pandora is a $700 HP so I hope it kicks the K545 :). They look very interesting but I think their size and weight will limit them to a home environment. Personally I think I may get the SRH-1540 next as they are portable friendly plus work well with a modest amp and are comfortable and lite. But I have to do some saving and selling before that can happen.

Feb 27, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #49 of 55
More details please!!!

Bearing in mind I haven't tried any cans in this price range. They are very nicely tuned and sound pretty lush across the whole range with vocals being pretty special. The treble isn't overly prominent but like the whole sound it's on the warm side but detailed. The bass is big , rich, deep  and has plenty punch. It works well with electronic and acoustic bass. I would say the bass is a bit more prominent than the mids.  It definitely has impact and can be felt. 

I'm loving the fullness and the details without sounding harsh.
No reason to apologize, the Pandora is a $700 HP so I hope it kicks the K545
smily_headphones1.gif
. They look very interesting but I think their size and weight will limit them to a home environment. Personally I think I may get the SRH-1540 next as they are portable friendly plus work well with a modest amp and are comfortable and lite. But I have to do some saving and selling before that can happen.

Yeah that is true about the price but I don't have anything else really to compare them with. I wasnt apologising I will miss the 545! 
I managed to nab them on an offer so they were only £80 more than the 545 but the 545 is more expensive here.. It's definitely not portable for me anyway it's way too heavy and I'm far too clumsy!

The right driver is crinklin as well.....I think the right side of my head might be a weird shape....!

Feb 27, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #50 of 55
Personally I think I may get the SRH-1540 next as they are portable friendly plus work well with a modest amp and are comfortable and lite. But I have to do some saving and selling before that can happen.

They look a but like beyers and do look very comfy. I haven't read up on them at all they are also beyond my price point! Price point has become a fairly loose boundary these days tho...... 

Feb 28, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #52 of 55
  thank you very much for the impressions!

debating between this and he-560 preorder when it becomes available.

I would say that I wouldn't pay £700 for them but then I have no idea of the SQ of high end hp's and what to expect in regards to diminishing returns. In saying that I don't really think I could expect any more from an HP......just I wouldn't spend that kind of dough on one. 
The impact of the bass is very impressive and if it just tightens up a little bit it will be very very sweet.

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #53 of 55
  I would say that I wouldn't pay £700 for them but then I have no idea of the SQ of high end hp's and what to expect in regards to diminishing returns. In saying that I don't really think I could expect any more from an HP......just I wouldn't spend that kind of dough on one. 
The impact of the bass is very impressive and if it just tightens up a little bit it will be very very sweet.

well 700 pounds is 1170.61usd

but I paid 417.99 pounds or 699 USD right now for them.

I hope they get here before i move out. They used ground delivery aarrghghg

Feb 28, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #54 of 55
  well 700 pounds is 1170.61usd

but I paid 417.99 pounds or 699 USD right now for them.

I hope they get here before i move out. They used ground delivery aarrghghg

Sweet man I really don't think you'll be disappointed....that's a fair price! These are the best HP's I've ever listened to. The efficiency is fantastic with an iphone...sounds way better with an amp but can shift some air straight out the phone....altho not exactly too transportable...go figure...

The bass attack and decay is not fast but it is making great use of the full bass frequencies. On Atmospheres - Sunshine the bass line (synthised double bass I think) rumbles mean an meaty....it's satisfying. I tried boosting the bass on the E11 and it was just ridiculousy overpowering! 
The first time I've heard one of my fav tracks Maggot Brain translate onto hp's without sounding strangled and I noticed some production techniques for the first time.....detailed but smooth.

I would defo agree that there is a slight bump in the upper mids. It adds that touch of presence, especially to snares, percussion, vocals and guitars.

I am finding the comfort totally cool. The driver was bugging my ear after a few hours but nothing major. I used a bit of kitchen paper tonight and it was fine. I used too much as it was way brighter....need to investigate but a touch brighter wouldn't be a bad thing.

Jul 20, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #55 of 55
I currently use hd800, and my complaint is that (I think) the bass doesn't extend far enough (for electronic music atleast). I'm not sure if it's more volume that I seek or what. I'd want to know if there's a phone that can be used for producing, which can accurately play the low notes / sub bass. Like when playing with synthesizer settings, I want to know when there's good amount of sub. Sorry if I don't make much sense. I'm not familiar with volume levels of sub frequencies, of which is considered balanced, which is boosted etc. Good car audio + sub can probably take it in your face, but do they have tendency to overboost much? Are these good phones for checking balanced sub volume for edm producing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back