AKG K518s, K450s, Sennheiser 238s or PX200-IIs?
Feb 2, 2012 at 12:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

SimplyConfused

New Head-Fier
Really confused atm, but thinking of getting a pair for a girl friend of mine and I'm wondering which pair sounds the best out of those(or anything better in your opinion)..

Which one is the best for heavy rock or punk? Since her favorite band is MCR, though she listens to some pop and electronica as well..

the K518s seem to have good, decent sound but are fairly underwhelming, and I'm planning on introducing her into the world of higher quality headphones. The K450s I haven't tried yet, but everyone seems to say they sound Godly, and they're leaps and bounds more comfortable than the K518s. The HD238 on the other hand don't seem that good for me, though it's pretty comfortable I guess while the PX200-II is also underwhelming, though it's the most portable of the 4

The K450s are more portable, which I think she would like, but I seem to prefer the look of the K518s, don't like the way the PX200s look though, and the 238s don't seem that portable...

And are the K518s comfortable enough for girls? or will it crush her head like a beartrap? It fits sort of okay with me, but I feel some pressure after an hour or so

Thanks for any feedback you might have :)

also... is it odd how I find the difference between the K518 and SkullCandy SkullCrushers fairly small?
yes the **** brand, but I heard it from a friend and they sound decent, except for the bass, strong but very, very unclear... though they have a slightly better wow effect at the start, and he says they sound better after burn in though I don't really know... any advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back