AKG K501s at a good price
Feb 8, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #2 of 12
Good price, wonder how much they charge for shipping. Not that I need another pair of k501 :wink: But it's still nice to see that there are brand new K501 for sale.

Feb 8, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #4 of 12
I have a few questions about the k501s
1. What kind of volume level can they get out of an ipod? Do they really NEED and amp of jsut benefit form it
2. Wahts their sound leakage like? could I wear them in the car with my brother who is easily anoyed by sound leakage

Feb 8, 2007 at 10:52 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibanez173 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. What kind of volume level can they get out of an ipod? Do they really NEED and amp of jsut benefit form it
2. Wahts their sound leakage like? could I wear them in the car with my brother who is easily anoyed by sound leakage

1. I believe they would need a good amp to drive them. My H100 does not drive them very well. They are 120 ohm, so that alone tells you they need power.

2. Sound leakage wise, I'd say alot. I would limit these to home use only.

Feb 8, 2007 at 11:56 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

1. I don't have an ipod, but due to their extremely low sensitivity I wouldn't expect it to have a whole lot of volume straight out of a portable.

2. Just forget wearing them near other people, unless they want to listen to the music too.

Feb 9, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

1. I dunno about an iPod, but my X5 drives them to louder than I can handle. It has a max volume of 40, my listenable volume was around 25...

2. They leak quite a lot. It depends on how loud you have your music though...since they're open, I wouldn't recommend using them in a car because in order to be able to hear anything you'll have to turn them up pretty loud...and by then your brother will be annoyed and you will damage your hearing.

Feb 9, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They sounded pretty bad straight out of my Zen.

x2. Some players have enough power to make the 501 loud, for sure. But I would definitely rather listen to my KSC75's than an unamped 501. Without enough power they have no bass, no dynamics, and the soundstage that makes them wonderful cans is just not there.

Feb 9, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #12 of 12
(To Illinois, 60010)

$4.98 - UPS Ground Commercial
$6.90 - UPS Ground Residential
$10.72 - UPS 3 Day Select
$14.25 - UPS 2nd Day Air
$36.24 - UPS Next Day Air

Users who are viewing this thread

Back