AKG K501, 601, 701 case
Dec 30, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #3 of 13
Since there's most made for home use, I don't think AKG needs to make a carrying case. Even though it would be a good purchase to have. When I bought my AKG K702, it came in a grain sack.

Dec 30, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #4 of 13
What kind of case are you looking for? (hard, soft?) I use small pelican cases with the custom foam cutouts to hold my headphones.

Dec 30, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #5 of 13
Headroom Bag and hippocase should fit.

Dec 31, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #6 of 13
Oh, many bags/cases fit, thanks for the suggestions, but this series has its own peculiar requirements. The headband spring presses the pads together, and after a few years they get flat at the lower end.

AKG recognised this problem and took care of it with the K701's simple little stand.

Maybe a foam tube as bracket to keep the pads apart, in a suitable bag...

Still looking.

Dec 31, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #7 of 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navermyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The headband spring presses the pads together, and after a few years they get flat at the lower end.

Not sure I understand that statement...?

Jan 1, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #9 of 13
Jan 5, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #10 of 13

Quote:
Oh, many bags/cases fit, thanks for the suggestions, but this series has its own peculiar requirements. The headband spring presses the pads together, and after a few years they get flat at the lower end.

Which can be suitably addressed by the suggestion already made of a Pelican case. They have a matrix of foam blocks that you remove the ones you don't want in order to make a custom shape for the headphones to fit into. Alternatively just get a flightcase, a piece of plain foam, and cut it how you want, like so:

Jan 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #11 of 13
That's an excellent solution, Mr Fitz, however a bit too ambitious and space-demanding for my K400, 401, 500 and 501.

I also thank Kobra for the Hong Kong option, think I'll try that one once I've reduced this particular collection to one or two headphones (right now K500 and K401 are most likely to go).

Feb 24, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #12 of 13
I would certainly benefit from a case, or even a dedicated bag like that. I am a student that moves every 6 months. It is kinda hard to carry my K701, K242 and Schiit Amp/Dac soon to be :p. Not to mention the cables im also going to buy. 

One of the few things delaying my planned purchase (Schiit Valhalla, Bifrost, Cardas MicroTwin, Cardas USB) is (not portability) transportability. Should take as much space as a large suitcase, and weigh a LOT! Sometimes this hobby gets on my nerves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back