AKG K450 problems
Jul 15, 2012 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Albinoni

500+ Head-Fier
I have a pair of AKG K450s and am currently loosing sound in the right ear, but not 100%.
If I have the headphones on I will only get sound from left ear but if I start to move or wiggle the right ear speaker while its on my ear the sound will come.

I know its not the cord because I've tried 2 new cords and no success.

Help appreciated

Jul 16, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 4
Two thoughts:

1.) There is a piece of debris trapped in between the driver and the driver cover.  You can try blowing air preferably dry Nitrogen ( not liquid nitrogen ) into the driver area.  Clearing the debris should allow the driver to move freely and generate sound waves once again.

2.)  There is a broken or weak solder join at that earpiece that is going open circuit when you move the earpiece around.  If there is sound still coming out then perhaps it is the ground wire because the hot wire would simply remove the sound completely.

Jul 17, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #3 of 4
Hi NABlur, thanks for your reply.  The funny thing is when I have the headphones on my ear and move the right ear pad while its on my ear it sometimes seem to correct the problem. When I say move I mean when its on my ear, pressdown on it and move or wiggle it.

I dont know strange indeed.

Jul 18, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #4 of 4
The movement indicates a short in the soldering/wiring.  Be careful with excessive movement as it may just break off.  You may want to get them repaired or see if you can spot the solder/wiring issue and fix it yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back