Akg k450 - am i stupid or is it broken?
Oct 15, 2010 at 1:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jesusjuice

New Head-Fier
Hi guys just recently bought a set of Akg K450 headphones (my first proper set of headphones) and i was really excited pulled em out the box put the cable into it and started playing some sigur ros of my imac. I was at first thinking wow its clear and the bass is nice and boomy then i was like hang on theres something missing .... well theres no music coming out of the right ear cup. I decided to listen to some other tracks and im getting the same experience. Then i decided ok let me play some music off my ps3 and plug the headphones into the speaker and lets see ... yup still the same problem!

im thinking there broken... would you agree with me? or am i being stupid and theres a method to the akg madness?

Oct 15, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #2 of 6
Best of luck fixing it, it sounds like it's broken. Best case scenario you can return it. If not, hopefully it is a cable problem, did you try a different one if they are removable? and check the interconnects and stress relief parts for cracking. Other than that, I feel for you... my first pair of headphones over $80 had the left driver broken when they arrived.

Oct 15, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #3 of 6
its so odd i decided to plug in the headphones into my iphone and all of a sudden the right cup started to work and now it seems fine. im glad about it but should i still return them or should i keep them? any idea what might of been the problem?

Oct 16, 2010 at 7:13 AM Post #4 of 6
Try another set of headphones with your imac to see if it is not the computer's fault here.

Quote:
its so odd i decided to plug in the headphones into my iphone and all of a sudden the right cup started to work and now it seems fine. im glad about it but should i still return them or should i keep them? any idea what might of been the problem?

Oct 17, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #5 of 6
thanks for the help guys!

Right lil update 

after i got it working in my iphone i decided to listen to some tracks on my imac and play a lil modern warfare 2 with it. everything was fine. today i went out for a walk and about an hour in the right cup went dead on me again. I unplugged the cable from the headphones and reinserted it and it started working. for about 2 hours it was fine then after listening to some good foot tapping music i kinda felt something wrong and it went dead on me again to which i unplugged it put it on the bed and vowed to return it.

:/ 

Its funny i kinda narrowed down my headphone search to the akg k450 or the denon ahd 1001. Went to john lewis and saw they had a demo pair of the denons and i got super excited that i managed to trigger off the alarm! but after that was sorted tried em out and guess what they were broken and i thought to my self... ooohhh this is an omen! i wanted the k450 more cause i wanted something portable cause im about to do a lil travelling but i was going to give this a chance. conclusion.... not having luck with headphones! 

Nov 21, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #6 of 6

Szadzik said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Try another set of headphones with your imac to see if it is not the computer's fault here.

Quote:

It's comprehensive, Thanks for your instruction! It is just the solution for my problem, I understand this part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back