AKG K361/K371
Jun 24, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #361 of 1,294
The DT770's provide better isolation, if that's important to you and are sturdier. The K371 are more comfortable (except for the headband, which just cuts into my skull) and have better (as in more neutral/balanced) sound. To me the DT's sounded fatiguing and had annoyingly recessed mids.

There's also this comparison: https://medium.com/@Xander51/headphone-showdown-akg-k371-vs-beyerdynamic-dt770-pro-e9692006272

He's also written a lot about the different budget Beyers, but seems to prefer the K371's nowadays :)
Alex Rowe is a great writer, and he should be trustworthy considering he has a background in audio production for some odd 15 years. I liked his review of the K371 and DT770, even though I’m not the biggest fan of the latter.

Jul 5, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #362 of 1,294
Alex Rowe is a great writer, and he should be trustworthy considering he has a background in audio production for some odd 15 years. I liked his review of the K371 and DT770, even though I’m not the biggest fan of the latter.

I pulled the trigger after reading Alex's review, reinforced by metal's video review.

Jul 6, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #363 of 1,294
I've been using mine with the Wavelet Android app using the autoEQ and I like the results. Still like these a whole lot.

Jul 7, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #366 of 1,294
K371 vs HD25 for music not mixing?

I'd go with the K371 anytime... The HD25 is more robust for sure, but I like the K371 sound much more, plus its much more comfortable (I may be especially sensitive vs. on-ears though).

Jul 10, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #370 of 1,294
Can anyone comment on the isolation in comparison to the DT770 80 ohm's?

I had the older version with leather pads, isolation was pretty good, compared to the k371, isolation is pretty decent on the k371 as well, perhaps not as good but very decent.

Btw, it arrived today and I have the following observations:

1) The height adjustment for the left speaker is ligther than the right one... is this normal? its a bit weird, why wouldn't it be the same?
2) On the lower part of the earpads, there is a big crease on the leather. Kinda like this:

AKG_K371_black_10-630x420.jpg

Not my pic but you can see its creased. Is this normal?

Im just wanting to be sure its a good batch. Sound seems quite decent, but didnt blow me away compared to the dt 770 600 ohm I already had. Still have to compare it with the 7510.

Jul 10, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #372 of 1,294
Does the BT version have more treble? I immediately sold my wired K371 since it was heavily off timbre, cupped, and horribly rolled off past 7khz.

I can hear enough treble, but in direct comparation with the 7510, it seems to have a midrange notch in there, its like it lacks "body" in comparation. What I hate is that I have no idea if this is the real signature sound or is part of the variety of faulty batches. It's hard to say. Could be the signature sound, I mean it's nothing insane, it's hard to judge these things anyway.

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #373 of 1,294
I can hear enough treble, but in direct comparation with the 7510, it seems to have a midrange notch in there, its like it lacks "body" in comparation. What I hate is that I have no idea if this is the real signature sound or is part of the variety of faulty batches. It's hard to say. Could be the signature sound, I mean it's nothing insane, it's hard to judge these things anyway.
Mine doesn’t sound off in timbre, it’s not the most natural headphone but it is, again, a $150 closed back. I do find it to be on the leaner side but nothing too bad. No issues with treble either. Just make sure it’s sealing properly. As for the height adjustment the right side is a little more loose but it doesn’t move around when it’s on my head.

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:21 PM Post #375 of 1,294
Mine doesn’t sound off in timbre, it’s not the most natural headphone but it is, again, a $150 closed back. I do find it to be on the leaner side but nothing too bad. No issues with treble either. Just make sure it’s sealing properly. As for the height adjustment the right side is a little more loose but it doesn’t move around when it’s on my head.

Are the crease on the lower end of the earcups normal? its pretty deep. I wonder if this is not making it properly seal? will take pics. It does sound pretty good tho, but I expected something mindblowing comparing to the closed ones I already had (dt770 mainly)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back