AKG k340 earpads
Mar 3, 2006 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BushGuy

Headphoneus Supremus
Does anyone know of earpads for these (other than orig. akg pleather). If no known Velour from other makers.......has anyone experimented to make the pleather "better"?

Mar 3, 2006 at 5:31 PM Post #2 of 5
You can get the velour pads from AKG... they released them for the HSC/HSD-271. There are a couple threads on here that have the part number.
wink.gif

Mar 3, 2006 at 6:53 PM Post #3 of 5
I just learned a little something......I posted because I knew the exterior diameter of k340 elements IS larger than the k240-271, so didn't think it was possible for K271 velours or pleathers to go on them properly. Stretching Experiment: (read of someone else struggling for an hour w/blood, sweat, and tears before ultimate success) - I took a pair of discarded K271 Pleathers and tried carefully (because too much stretching strength = broken stitching) to prestretch them - working inch by inch pulling from the inside diameter (aka donut hole). It worked! While they started with a smaller exterior diameter, they are now effectively a correct size. A bonus of these over the orig. equipment ones is that the interior circum. is larger. I tried doing this with my Beyer Velours, but the "gripping edge" that needs to fit over the headphone elements is too shallow and does not give sufficient surface to hold.

Mar 3, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #4 of 5
Yeah, the K271 pads are a bit smaller, but the way that they fit the K340 is great... once you get them on there. I think that the sound improvement is quite noticable. I can't wait to try the velour.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 3:03 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy
I just learned a little something......I posted because I knew the exterior diameter of k340 elements IS larger than the k240-271, so didn't think it was possible for K271 velours or pleathers to go on them properly. Stretching Experiment: (read of someone else struggling for an hour w/blood, sweat, and tears before ultimate success).

That guy is me. I have ordered my velours from AKG USA. AKG parts representative Patricia was a nice person to deal with.

The inner and outer diameter of AKG K240/340 velours are about 2-3mm smaller than the original K340 pleathers. On the bill it is clearly indicated that the pad is for K240 and 340. So there are no mistakes there. It was a real pain to put them on. An hour of war between me the pads and the lovely K340. Afterall the winner was me.

They are definately more comfortable and looks better but the smaller diameter -in my opinion- cuts off some 3d. So I cannot advise them soundvise. If the inner diameter strechs by the time they may be a better choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back