AKG K3003 Anyone Referenced Them?
May 7, 2012 at 10:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

improvised

New Head-Fier
Anyone here have a pair of the AKG K3003 or referenced them?

According to AKG the K3003 are not available in the US but in Europe and elsewhere.

There advertised on the AKG website as and I quote:

"The worlds smallest true 3-way reference-quality earphones, The K3003 earphones set a new benchmark in audio quality. By pioneering the hybrid of one dynamic and two balanced-armature drivers in each earphone, AKG engineers have created perfectly balanced 3-way earphones with ultralow distortion, accurate mids and crystal-clear highs."

There are a couple of things that struck me when I saw them and the first being the price they cost more than just about any custom iem and that includes the JH16 pro.

They retail in the UK for £1000 so that's over $1600 at today's currency rate.

The other thing that didn't seem right was the pricing structure. In the UK they retail for £1000 but on mainland Europe they sell for €1000 so at today's exchange rate there around £800 in mainland Europe or if you like £200 cheaper if you buy them in France or Holland. You could fly to Pairs or Amsterdam from the UK and buy them there and still save over what you pay in the UK.

Apart from the incredibly high price for these in ears that are not even custom made albeit handmade, I'm very interested to know what they sound like if anyone has heard them.

May 27, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #8 of 8
Rather than starting a thread why not do a search on the topic? there are multiple threads about this device, some with lots of included links to reviews and impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back