AKG K271 Studio:Opinions?
Feb 24, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #46 of 46
lini... I would have to dissagree. The K271 beats the K240 in every department. True it has a bit less bass than the K240, but at least it is tight bass that goes deep rather than the often bloated bass of the K240. I own both headphones and the only reason that I listen to the K240 is when I want a more open airy sound or I want a lighter headphone. Usually they only come out when I am listening with a friend.

That aside, the K240 are very nice. I just prefer the K271 in nearly all respects.

sleepkyng... good description, they are very close to the HD600

Differences:

1. There is a smaller soundstage on the K271, but it is more coherent than the HD600.

2. The K271 have a closed in sound, but not in a bad way. It seems to make the listening experience more intimate. The HD600 have a nice airy open sound.

3. The K271 beats out the HD600 with its midrange by a large margin.

4. The HD600 beats out the K271 with its treble by a small margin.

5. The HD600 has a bit more bass than the K271. Both have very tight bass that goes deep.

All in all they are fairly close... if I had the cash I would shell out for a set of HD600 with a zu mobius as an alternate phone for home use.

knuxed... as donovansmith said it is a very contraversial headphone. I highly recommend it, but it is probably best to audition it first [especially if you can audition it with your amp and source].

I certainly agree with you that the K271 is far more versatile than the K240, whose bass I find bloated and woolly, lacking impact but always lurking in the background. Interesting that you have mentioned the HD600, which is one of Brooko's favourite headphones. He found that the AKG K612 is a similar sounding headphone, not quite as good as the HD 600 but not too far behind. I would say that the K271 is approaching the quality of the K612, almost a closed back equivalent of the K612. Amazing detail and decent soundstage for a closed back design, quite similar to my Beyerdynamic DT 660, great for classical music and jazz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back