AKG K271...IMMHO
Aug 28, 2004 at 5:53 AM Post #31 of 38
after some listening, i thought that the k271 sounded remarkably like the etys.

Aug 28, 2004 at 5:59 AM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nak Man
Coming from the same reviewer they can be quite amusing ...
confused.gif

impressions can change over time - ime 'new toy' syndrome can have a profound effect on one's opinion.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 28, 2004 at 4:34 PM Post #35 of 38
They sound similar to etys in the sense that they both have that type of...how should I put it, "uncharacteristic neutrality" type of sound.
tongue.gif
Though neither can is really neutral.

Aug 28, 2004 at 5:31 PM Post #36 of 38
At the one meet that I have attended, my AKG K271 Studio's were compaired by different people to be similar to:

1. A closed version of Sennheiser HD580's

2. A full sized circumaural version of the ER4P's

3. A dynamic closed version of the Stax SR-404

Aug 29, 2004 at 1:07 AM Post #37 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyrie
They sound similar to etys in the sense that they both have that type of...how should I put it, "uncharacteristic neutrality" type of sound.
tongue.gif
Though neither can is really neutral.

imo, exactly!

however, strangely, while i enjoy my etys immensely, the k271 were not exactly my cup of tea.
confused.gif

Jun 16, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #38 of 38
Just to give the other side...

I was really hoping the K271s would end my closed cans hunt (after hearing the wonderful K501s and K240Ss). You know not suffering from the V6's highs, PX200s lack of clarity, etc.... but after purchasing a used pair I sold them in a day. Unless there was something wrong with my pair, I can't recommend them for anyone. Muffled. Dull. Instrument placement poor. No top end. Overall near MDR-V250 sound (or PX200 or Triports). Shockingly bad. Very disappointed. I really don't think they did anything right, except isolate reasonably well and look nice. Even AKG doesn't recommend them for "Hi-Fi" use and I can really understand why.

Anyway that was my experience for those considering a pair.

I find your experience with the K271 completely different from mine. I have moderate hearing loss in the treble and midrange areas, but I find the highs on these razor sharp, crystal clear and even strident on certain recordings! They are not at all muffled. The bass is also very firm and has real slam. The midrange is excellent, a bit like a cooler version of the Sennheiser midrange, no bumps. And this from my iPod classic unamplified. I would even go as far as stating that for me, the K271 is like a closed back version of the K612 but not as refined - the K612 is often called the poor man's HD600, and with good reason! I feel better now. ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back