AKG K267 or what to buy.
Jan 20, 2013 at 11:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Audiogon

New Head-Fier
Hi,
 I'm on the market to find some headphones that I like.
I bought the K 551, but returned them after 2 days.......
They sound very good all around, but they miss Bass impact. Sure the  bass is there, but i certainly miss volumen from the K551.
I have heard several Beyers but the siblines of them i dont like.
Grado 125 is ok, but i still miss Bass impact.
I also tried Custom Pro from Beyer, but when you turn the Bass up all the way, they blurr, midrange and the hole soundstage collapse.
Then i have tried Denons Ahd 600 and this is what i look for in bass impact and volume........but the rest. NOT GOOD.

So to zum up i need the bas from Ahd 600 and midrange+treble from the K551 + a little more airiness if possible.

I think the AKG K 267 could be the answer to my search??

I have not found them here in Denmark, where i come from and lives, so i could hear them.

Any inputs??

And sorry for my bad english :)

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #5 of 14
I'm interested in the K267 and the M100 but can't decide, but I'm leaning towards the AKG at the moment.

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #6 of 14
I look forward to hear your sound impressions Churchill81 and what you compare with.
I can say that i cant get to hear K267 no where here in Denmark for now, and the online price is 544$, and it is from a shop in Sweden.....

Jan 22, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #7 of 14
Unfortunately I won't be able to offer much insight as this is my first pair of "proper" cans. My experience of upgraded products is only the sound magic e10 in ears which are a great, cheap, upgrade to standard in ears which come with mobile phones.

Jan 22, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:
quote.gif

I don't think the k267 will be released until sometime next month. Something from Ultrasone might be for you if you can find some to try.

I would wait till proper reviews start to appear, simply because im not sure of the difference with the k167. Another thread was creating asking the same question = http://www.head-fi.org/t/641379/need-k550-vs-k267-vs-k167-comparison

Jan 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #11 of 14
I can say the 551 sounds great, but has almost no bass, and the joy is not there to listen to it. Boring
And the cable is not changeable, and it is very flimsy and plasticlike, and has Iphone remote on cable........really that aint serius.
That is very bad on a headphone to that price, about 350 $ here in Denmark.

Jul 26, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #12 of 14
Try sony mdr-1r, though i switched from this to k267.

It has way better build quality. Clamping  force is way smaller. And earpads are deeper, which is more an real over ear headphone. Yet it is not deep enough, my ear touches the interior of the earpad, which they called it some hightech material and that is kinda itchy.

The 1r has a pretty different sound. It has an pretty obvious warm tone, while k267 is more neutral. Bass is less controlled, yet it is more enthusiastic. Mid and high is pretty smooth with decent clarity, which is literally only decent. It is not harsh at all, which i hate. My K267 needs more time of burn in to tell the difference about mid and high.  I would say it shines at mid-low frequency and expressing a "mood". Soundstage is definitely there, depth is noticeably better than width. While k267 has a more all-around soundstage. 

I also heard that ue6000 and m100 have pretty good bass, and kinda u-shaped, it is not for me, but could be good for your taste.

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #14 of 14
K550 / K551 has a slightly wider soundstage compared to k267, however with lesser bass.
both of them have good mid and highs, though k550 is brighter

For the bass, on studio (on k267), the bass is already stronger than k550, from my impression. When switch to the biggest bass, it does makes a huge difference and preferably if you prefer bass, get the k267 over k550.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back